Odd question in July 15 2012 WT

by breakfast of champions 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hillary
    Hillary

It's just not going to happen. This country was founded on freedom of religion. In addition, there are so many cults out there and none of them have been banned. The government isn't going to take down the JW religion. They have no interest in doing so.

• erbie
    erbie

Don't laugh.

I can see the horsemen of the apocalypse on the horizon. Even now they approach.

Why me first?

Bye folks:(

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Why me first?

Oh hell no! If it's all true, you are NOT leaving me behind with these people. Move over.

NC

• carla
    carla

I really do not understand how they can even ask questions like this anymore! With all the political (add religious) correctness now-a-days who the hell cares about jw's? for goodness sakes we have Mormon running for president! On a dislike scale, jw's are a mere gnat in the big scheme of things, people dislike Muslims more and they outnumber jw's by millions.

That's another thing my jw never answered - he would often say "6 million people (jw's) can't be wrong can they?" I would then point out that if he is using the sheer numbers then what about Catholics or Muslims? there are more of them than jw's. I have forgotten how he changed the subject at that, my mind must be going.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

"Let land prices plummet"

Never gonna happen, unless the Eastern Seaboard becomes hopelessly irradiated or it falls into the sea or something. Recent bubble aside, land never loses value.

To quote Lex Luthor in "Superman-The Movie" (1978)

"Stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good; But they will always need land, and they'll pay through the nose to get it"

• erbie
    erbie

Dont worry NC.

Tartarus is nowhere near as bad as I was led to believe.

No regrets;)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the GB are wondering why they aren't the enemy of the govts by now. If anything, they've cuddled up with their NGO status. The GB can't figure out what's going on anyomre than we do, except we know it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

he would often say "6 million people (jw's) can't be wrong can they?" I would then point out that if he is using the sheer numbers then what about Catholics or Muslims? there are more of them than jw's.

LOL! Great point. Their world is so very small. They surround themselves with only JW's and only JW activities. They stop seeing the vast expanse outside of them. Kind of like before humans understood space. We probably felt pretty big. Now we realize we are only specks of carbon on specks of dust. And the JW"s are even smaller than that.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Their world is so very small.

Very small. When I was studying, I was quite interesting to dubs because a lot of them from my congregation, had barely left Los Angeles. Everything around them, was the world. If it took place locally, it's how it's done all over the world. Even culteral differances were viewed as backwards, because it didn't take place here.

I think the idea of the govts banning and turning on JW's seems a lot more far fetched to younger ones now. It's an even harder sell

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wait - I thought their belief was that the United Nations would turn on ALL RELIGIONS and try to destroy them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit