Odd question in July 15 2012 WT

by breakfast of champions 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    What if a powerful government were to hatch a plot to exterminate Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization?

They ask this question at the bottom of page 23 of the July WT, and I thought the wording was kind of strange. . . The target is not JWs "the people" (as in nazi Germany) but the org alone. Does the WT see a real risk of this happening in the near future?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's called paranoia.

Only the GB knows of they are really paranoid or just avoiding owning up to being fools, but a bit of paranoia for the R&F is always good for keeping them captive.

• irondork
    irondork

What if a powerful government were to hatch a plot to exterminate Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization?

Then they would likely be one of the first religions destroyed rather than "as an afterthought", the way they interpret Revelation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Today's study article is all about the need for courage.

Par 6 Feb 15 issue page 11 quotes Matt 10 "You will be haled before kings and governors and kings for my sake" the text says "If we are interrogated by secular authorities Jehovah's spirit will enable us to bear witness respectfully with faith and courage"

By keeping the flock on a war footing they create unity in adversity - classic manipulation tools

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Cult ?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It's all in their imagination

They wish they were a "theatrical spectacle to the world" but the truth is nobody cares they are barely noticed.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

How and why would this happen? Where is their faith in the "Gog of Magog" prophecy. "Touching the apple of Jah's, eye etc"

• Scully
    Scully

This fear-mongering is going to make JWs even more suspicious of The Superior Authorities™ than they already are. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised in coming years to see them making hints at 'taking matters into your own hands' to ensure the Organization™ is protected - from Apostates™, from the Disfellowshipped™ and from non-JW family members who refuse to become JWs.

I would be extremely careful around any JW whom I knew to have firearms.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It wouldn't take persecution. Suppose people simply quit donating money to religion, and particularly to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. All they need do is renounce whatever they willed to that greedy organization, even hiring a lawyer and putting the money into a form that the Washtowel can't touch (such as putting it into gold and silver and then giving the gold/silver to the heirs). They would donate nothing. Don't put anything of value into that box, ever. It helps if they can waste as much resources as possible--perhaps leaving the lights on and the air conditioner on full blast when leaving the building, or taking huge amounts of littera-trash and shredding it.

Another way would be to render the money they have worthless. Let land prices plummet, and cash become toilet paper. If they have most of the currency in US Toilet Papers, wait until it ceases to be the world reserve currency and China to dump huge amounts of US Treasuries onto the free market. Just hope everyone else has precious metals and hard assets when that happens, and make sure you NEVER donate gold or silver to the Washtowel (donating toilet papers is bad enough).

Without money, they will not be able to function. Then, when they ask for a bailout, remind them that "they are no part of the world". Embarrassment should result, quickly.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh this must really trigger their tribulation button. I'm sure even just the question has excited them. The end must be near. Gog of Magog must be poised to crush them, and then . . . that's right. . . . screaming, torment, fire from the sky, dead babies, slaughtered masses, and death to all but a few million. I'm so excited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit