Will you ever go back to the Jehovah's Witnesses?

by XPeterX 61 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

To join the JW's again would be similar to, and as likely as, me becoming a Mormon, Scientologist or Raelism. They are all cooky religions that are impossible to take seriously with any amount of knowledge about them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Other than for physical sabotage, No, never from the bottom of my soul. Yes, soul.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I spent an hour at a Memorial meeting last year (2011) and I couldn't wait to get out of there - in spite of the love bombing I got.

I do what I do to help otherwise innocent JWs and those who might get trapped see the truth about the WT and the GB. Otherwise I'd never give them a second thought. Those of my family members (with a couple of exceptions) who are still in are pretty much losers and could not function in the real world. So I say let them stay if they want to and I'll write them off as lost causes.

No way I'd ever go back. I have to more senile than a prune to agree to go back. I doubt if I will reach that level of senility for at least another year or two.

JV

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!

No. You discuss.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don't be stooopid ! Thats like saying would you go back to Auschwitz ?

Religion is a snare and a racket.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Yes.

When the GB admit they've been asses, donate the KHs for rehab centres for JWs and their affected familes and donate the cash and assets to a trust to run them, then walk away and get real jobs cleaning windows.

• mindseye
    mindseye

Only working my way to unbaptized publisher (but born in), my ties probably aren't as strong as some. But after going to college, reading and experiencing so much, my mind is in a place where I couldn't even fathom a reason to attend a kingdom hall. It was like that movie Pleasantville, where life turned from a simplistic black & white sitcom to a complex but beautiful color movie. I guess some people prefer the black & white sitcom, where everything seems safe, and all questions are answered in 30 minutes (or several pages). I'd rather the complexity of reality, where there are no easy answers, where life is a constant conversation. Dogmatic religions like the Witnesses don't want to have a conversation, they just want to tell you what to think. They are conversation stoppers.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Not even a chance. Knowing the "truth" behind the truth, there is no way.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I spent over thirty years of my life in their grip. I would not spend ten minutes more of it even thinking about going to a KHall....gotta stop now....spent more than enough of my time thinking about it just now.....

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven said it best: " No. Once you see the man behind the curtain, the magic is gone. Once trust is broken, you can never truly trust again. I prefer to move forward than go back. I left for a reason and those reasons have not changed, hence I would never go back."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit