Do you have a favourite scripture?

by Ucantnome 74 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Romans 12:18 was nice- 'as far as it depends, within you, be at peace with everyone'.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

john 3 1-16 religion cab not save us only by being made new by neans of the new birth!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I like Matthew 24:24

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible even the elect. (NRSV)

• 5go
    5go

eccl 12:12

Irony in printed form.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mine is 'All is brahmin'. Not sure from where it is.

S

• *lost*
    *lost*

proverbs 28v6

Those who trust in themselves are fools.but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe

www.biblehub.com is a good site for scriptures, gives you a lot of comparasins from different translations and explanations

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The problem with the KJV is that it was translated at the command of King James, the Stuart King. I believe King James, who was Charles II, younger brother, was Roman Catholic. He was deposed. Or was King James an earlier King James, the first king of England and Scotland. If so, it is much older. We have much more accurate info today from a wide variety of fields.

I love the English in the KJV. Nevertheless, I would not trust its translation of anything.

When you compare translations, English became so debased.

I read a fragment of a Koine Greek scripture on the Internet. There were hardly words in the actual translation. Translation is subjective. I marvel at how so many translations agree.

• tec
    tec

7 months later, and it is still the one that comes to mind as a favorite:

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23

It is a promise He has kept, and i think that is why it is one of my most favorite verses.

Peace,

tammy

• nochoice
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Mtt 24v4 And Jesus answered and said to them. Take head that no moan deceive you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit