Do you have a favourite scripture?

by Ucantnome 74 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

Psalm 14:1 " A fool has says in his heart, there is no god"

If a fool can figure it out... just saying

• 2tone
    2tone

I like James something something that says "swift out hearing, slow out speaking"

I like corinthians something something something " do not be depriving eachother of it"

I also enjoy watchtower 3:16 that says "obey the governing body"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i do is from the book of mormon

• ozziegal
  • ozziegal
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

Duet 18,20-22

• Heaven
    Heaven

1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." -- KJV

Why would God put this in his Holy Book when it is clear his existence cannot be proven? This was part of my awakening.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hezekiah Chap. 5. v 12

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

RE: turning water into wine at a marriage feast in Cana. I worked with a fundamentalist Mennonite who was not too swift. She had utter contempt for anyone who imbibed a pipette of any sort of alchohol. She told me that Jesus forbade wine. I said, No, his very first miracle happened at Canna where he attended a wedding feast. They ran out of wine for the celebration. Jesus made water into wine, his first recorded miracle.

Not only did Jesus drink wine but he was a connoisseur of fine wine. People remarked how great the wine was. Most people serve the best wine first but b/c of Jesus, they drank the finest wine last.

No, it never happened. Look it up in your Bible. No, it does not exist.

Condemn people but don't even read the Bible. When I joked about Jesus loving wine....., it sent her off into horror.

Jesus was no teetollin' prude. Did he not also dance?

• Fernando
    Fernando

The negative bias of men - spreading the message of religion (proselytising), division, war and death:

(Matthew 23:15) . . .“Woe to YOU, scribes [religion scholars in Message Bible] and [Watchtower] Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen′na twice as much so as yourselves.

The positive bias of women - spreading the message of peace, generosity, giving, caring, unmerited favour, love, healing, reconciliation, community, freedom and life (evangelising):

(Psalm 68:11) . . .The women telling the good news are a large army.

Jesus setting people free from the captivity and control of religion:

(John 8:36) . . .Therefore if the Son sets YOU free, YOU will be actually free.

(Isaiah 81:1 paraphrased)... "The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me [Jesus], for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me [Jesus] to tell [the] good news to the meek ones [sheep or wheat]. He has sent me [Jesus] to bind up the brokenhearted [spiritually deprived and unregenerated], to proclaim [spiritual] liberty to those taken [spiritually] captive [by religion/ists] and the wide opening [of the spiritual eyes] even to the [spiritual] prisoners [of religion/ists]".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit