Do you have a favourite scripture?

by Ucantnome 74 Replies latest jw friends

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

The Song of Solomon *bow chicka wow wow*

But seriously, I do like the one about the fruits of the spirit - love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, self-control. Can't remember the chapter / verse.

PS. I posted a blank post and can't seem to delete it :(

• QueenWitch
  • BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

2 kings 2:23-25

2:23 He went up from there to Bethel. As he was traveling up the road, some young boys came out of the city and made fun of him, saying, “Go on up, baldy! Go on up, baldy!” 24 When he turned around and saw them, he called God’s judgment down on them. Two female bears came out of the woods and ripped forty-two of the boys to pieces. 25 From there he traveled to Mount Carmel and then back to Samaria.

God can get away with the craziest shit. If I did this, I'd be in prison getting continually raped. God does it, and billions of people still think he's the bees knees. I gotta learn his tricks so I can start murdering large groups of children and still have a growing fan base.

• nancy drew
  • tec
    tec

I don't know if I have favorites, but I do like the following:

This one, because of the promise:

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23

And also Hosea 6:6 "I desire mercy, not sacrifice"... which Christ repeats, telling people that if they understood this (or to go and learn what this means), then they would not condemn the innocent. Well, they would not condemn at all, because that does not come from mercy.

Peace,

tammy

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Luke 16:10 " The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much."

....."For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hee hee hee!

My favorites are Exodus 19: 16-19 and Genesis 1: 1-20...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I’ve really been intrigued for the last couple of days by a scripture that is missing from the NWT: John 5:4. It’s a remarkable little story, which to me reveals some of the 1st century beliefs of the Jews, explains what Jesus’ miracles really were; and says a lot about the writer of the Gospel of John. O.K, so he didn’t write verse 4- but he assumed the reader knew the superstition.
    Just the mental picture of those cripples sitting around the pool waiting for some turbulence in the water- whether it was caused by bubbles of gas coming out of a spring, or the wind; or maybe even just a frog- and believing that an angel had touched the water- they would all try to be the first to step into the water to be healed…it’s kinda sad, really.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Last night I had a reason to wake and not sleep. I started thinking about life, my life, being raised as a Witness etc. and the bible verse came to mind in Hebrews 11:33 "shut the mouths of lions,"

"And what more should I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets- Who through

faith conquered kingdoms , administered justice, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, quenched raging fire, escaped the edge of the sword, won

strength out of weakness, became mighty in war, put foreigh armies to flight. Women received their dead by resurrection. Others tortured, refusing to

accept release, in order to obtain a better resurrection.

Hebrews 11:32-35 NRSV

I like this passage it changed my mood in the night.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

(Proverbs 13:12) .?.?.Expectation postponed is making the heart sick.?.?.

This was the day's text one morning and I agreed. I had got sick of waiting for Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit