A reason why most religious theological teachings are sociologically dangerous and damaging

by thetrueone 233 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Okay, NC, but my point is that the other variables are not ignored or brushed aside, or the person who can see those variables accused of confirmation bias.

Peace,

tammy

• ziddina
    ziddina

"This, by definition, is NOT leaving them to their fantasies... lol. Just sayin'. You bring my name up in other threads as well.

I would be interested in what you think in my statement describes cognitive dissonance though...." tec, above

Many aspects of your type and level of self-delusion strongly reminds me of my own mother - er, "biological incubator's" mental gymnastics...

I always wondered why that beeyotch never choked to death on her own lies... Her level of blindness to the falseness of her highly specious "reasoning" - more accurately, excuses and revisionism - was positively astounding to behold.

As is yours...

Hence the macabre fascination.

• tec
    tec

Knowledge takes time.

Yes, and comes with growth and ex perience. Our understanding of the world around us changes with our e x perience... so it seems only natural that our understanding of God and His ways would also grow. As we CAN learn more, we DO learn more.

Peace Nancy!

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I think a belief that causes people to feel unable to make good decisions and choices on their own is unhealthy.

• tec
    tec

Ziddina, that was not an answer, just a vague comparison and continued accusation to me, regarding lying and whatever else. I am sorry that something about me triggers your negative and/or painful memories of the woman who was your mother. I am. But you are hardly being fair in your vagueness, or your accusations, of me. And I have not lied.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

I think a belief that causes people to feel unable to make good decisions and choices on their own is unhealthy.

Sure, but I never said I couldn't make decisions on my own that are good. I simply said that no direction or answer that I have been given has ever been wrong.

Peace,

tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

I believe this to be 100% true. Unhealthy, unhappy and sometimes dangerous too.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Teaching people the moral standards of ancient civilizations that once existed thousands of years ago, cant possible be healthy toward

our modern knowledgeable society, unless of course your wanting to put that society/culture back into ancient times for one reason or another.

Who's up for living like the ancient Hebrews or Muslims, please put up their hand

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...that was not an answer, just a vague comparison and continued accusation to me, regarding lying and whatever else. ...... And I have not lied. ...." tec, above

Well, the superstructure of the lying - self-delusional mentality - is different. And let me state here - I consider self-delusion to be the worst sort of lie.

Her lies were largely romantic fantasies combined with a nasty jealousy and competitiveness towards me...

Yours are a belief in a "Jezuz" while throwing away most of the book - books - that produced "Jezuz" - such a belief system.

But the underlying behavior pattern is the same.

Telling oneself lies, and attempting, through emotional manipulation and putting on a false-face of "niceness", to persuade or coerce others to either agree with the self-delusion, or prevent opposing viewpoints from getting through the walls of self-delusion built around the mind...

• tec
    tec

Well, the superstructure of the lying - self-delusional mentality - is different. And let me state here - I consider self-delusion to be the worst sort of lie.
    Her lies were largely romantic fantasies combined with a nasty jealousy and competitiveness towards me...

In other words, anyone who believes in something that you consider to be a delusion... can rightfully be compared to your mother? So why the focus on me?

Yours are a belief in a "Jezuz" while throwing away most of the book - books - that produced "Jezuz" - such a belief system.

The book did not produce Christ. He is the subject of the books and letters written about him.

Note that I do not throw the book away...I do throw out (or acknowledge that we are missing some understanding or translation or perspective or whatever) anything that contradicts with Christ and His teachings. That is all. I don't know why this is such a big deal for some people. Even that book, in multiple places, says that CHRIST is the TRUTH. So why would anything or anyone take precedence over Him, to one who follows Him?

Telling oneself lies, and attempting, through emotional manipulation and putting on a false-face of "niceness", to persuade or coerce others to either agree with the self-delusion, or prevent opposing viewpoints from getting through the walls of self-delusion built around the mind...

This is all opinion in relation to me, and since you are emotionally involved (in saying that something about me reminds you of your mother), then you might consider that your opinion on me is a bit biased as well as unjustified. Just something to think about.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit