Did You See A Lot Of Drinking Among JW's???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did! MOST JWs that I know of LOVE to drink.

Interestingly, I noticed the heaviest drinkers were Bethelites.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yes, myself included. Towards the end the Vegas trips and camping trips were just about the alcohol

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, if they could put up with Rutherford and Covington, I guess they can put up with about anybody.

I don't really blame them - who wouldn't take a drink if they had to live that life?

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

A good friend of mine keyed me in to how much was done at Bethel. Apparently everyone there loved drinking.

I did notice my bethelite friends LOVED them some beer.

A friend of mine was always saying he was going to turn me into a lush. One night he got drunk at a sisters house with a bunch of us there. He pretty much made an ass of himself and made his wife look pretty bad. He stopped bothering me about drinking shortly after that.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

If it weren't for drinking, I would have cut my own throat from ear to ear by now.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Everybody drank even the old ladies.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Oh yes! We used to go to British Columbia a lot and there was always a stop at the Duty Free store to stock up on liquor for the week vacation.

• blondie
    blondie

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The maids at the hotels could not believe the empty booze bottles jws left behind in their room during the conventions.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Funny av8 mentions drinking at Bethel. About 15 years ago, my oldest son was removed from a jw's wedding party since he had mentioned that it sounded like fun to be in a fraternity (he was in college) The bride & groom were proud to have a young man in their wedding party that had just returned from a 2 yr. stint at Bethel. He walked around drinking from a flask of alcohol at the reception! I think they were serving alcohol, but that was kind of telling. Drink much?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Frank Sinatra:

Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit