Did You See A Lot Of Drinking Among JW's???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Indeed, they love to drink. They love their beer.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

That's all they seemed to do. My worldly friends didn't drink in high school, but my JW friends and I did. Some of my parents friends seemed to have major drinking problems, but still pioneered and were elders. Our local needs talks were often about alcohol consumption.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea loads, I did most of it, few could keep up.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I sat and listened to an elder's wife told me all about getting drunk one night. Her husband was sitting right there. This wasn't a pre-org story, it was only a couple of weeks old.

NC

• Londo111
    Londo111

My father is alcoholic and he went off and on the wagon through the years…he was the presiding overseer. I saw him drink heavily with another elder. Drunkenness is given a slap on the wrist, if that. I've never understand why it was suppose to be so "hard to prove".

I rarely drink and if so very lightly. For 30 years, I refused to touch a drop.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes I did my share, and saw many do more than theirs.

Loz x

• designs
    designs

From 1965 to 2000 it was pretty much a kidney.liver float.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Does the term boozehound mean anything?

They make alcoholics look like amateurs.

Every witless has an anxiety disorder and/or drinks.

So you've got crazy, drunk or crazy and drunk.

Nice group, huh?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do not drink booze at ALL!!!!I lived with drinkers, hubby & son, Dad, & HATE it!!!! I told many JWS that they were drinking too much.
    I was hauled into the
    library at the KH & two elders told me I was VERY WRONG ",Jesus turned Water into wine.
    Who did I think I was to dictate to ANYONE weather they could drink or not. "
    I was at a wedding (JW) where the booze where bottles & bottles booze on the tables ....Free!!!!
    I was disgusted & left I told the elder " I guess as long as you only get MODERATLY drunk your O.K. ??
    I am so glad to be out of that bunch of boozers. Sorry so many of you were/are. .My life has been
    spoiled by so many boozers,

Mouthy

• Inisc
    Inisc

Yes, my dad! He cannot go one night without drinking, he hides whiskey in places he thinks nobody will see it and and if he comes to my house for dinner(wich is rare)he leaves early so he can go home and drink. I've seen him get drunk many times but he usually just gets tipsy, and that's every night. Of course nobody acknowledges it, it just 'thats dad'!

And I'm the one 'in satans camp'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit