Did You See A Lot Of Drinking Among JW's???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
  • lostinthought
    lostinthought

Well they can't do anything else...so drink up!

• fade_away
    fade_away

I was just talking to my wife about this very same topic earlier today! Yes, most JWs I knew where heavy drinkers, but they were more like closet drunks. Only a few I knew would drink alot amongst friends. A "friend" I had in the KH introduced me to drinking and I became a drunk myself. I'm out of the cult now, but I still drink plenty especially during the weekends.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I only know of one person actually df'd for drunkeness. He said that if he gets df'd for drinking, then so should all the overweight people. I thought it was funny.

It took about 20 years of this guys just completely getting wasted to the point he was getting thrown out of clubs and wherever he went. You literally had to hide your alcohol whenever this guy would visit your home. So alcoholism is just kinda ignored. he was re-instated

• Honesty
    Honesty

JW's have to have some thing to numb the pain and alleviate the guilt.

Alcoholic beverages are the preferred drug among JW's because they can be obtained without a doctor's prescription.

• karter
    karter

We had an Elder body were 3/4 of them were drunks.

A brother had a few acres were we used to go and swim BBQ ect.

These Elders would sit there drinking bottler after bottle of beer wine whatever.

My Dad was never a JW and liked a drink but as he said "Not half as much as those Elders"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey even at the builds, we either had flasks or we would meet up at one of the trucks, and the cases of beer appeared

• designs
    designs

1969 Peace On Earth Assembly, Dodger Stadium, voted best Tail Gate Parties

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

As its been pointed out before many times, alcohol consumption is the approved source of getting high

in side the JWS, as a result I never heard of anyone who was a JW to be DA or DF for boozing too much.

Just make sure your not snockered coming to a meeting though and all will be fine.

The hypocritical thing is if a person wasn't into booze but like to smoke some marijuana on occasion, well that would be

a case for some tattle taling and a visit by an elder.

If Jesus had turned some fig leaves into marijuana when he was on earth, marijuana would be approved by the WTS.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

actually a buddy of mine who is still serving said as long as they have the prescription, and they are not smoking, they were told to back off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit