Did You See A Lot Of Drinking Among JW's???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

wha,

I make the second that you know.

JK

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It's the one vice they are allowed so many don't miss an opportunity to imbibe.

Saw lots of it in Bethel. Knew a few JW's who wound up in AA but only after they left the TRUTH and got rid of the shame and gott help.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Jesus Christ Yes!

• JeffT
    JeffT

My wife and I were talking about this awhile back and she mentioned that she and all the mothers would arrange play dates for the kids in one of the parks in town. Every single time, as soon as they were there the gallon jug of wine came out. Every JW social event I can remember featured alcohol.

It is not surprising that JW's drink a lot. Given their literal interpretation of the Bible restricting it is impossible, as pointed earlier, Jesus turned water into wine. Also given the sheer drudgery of life as a dub, they need an outlet somewhere. It's a collision between a problem and an easy solution.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Since I quit drinking I've discovered that the other side of that coin is that I wake up in the morning remembering what I did last night.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

JRK, PM me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont feel sorry for me JeffT.... I dont have a big head in the morning do you????

When I went to AA for my hubby & son. Most that spoke said that is something
    they woke up with every day ....

I believe it is a bigger addiction than drugs, the only thing it seems to do for you
    is stagger,,,, I do that without the booze( old Age)

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I have had this grand privilage of reaching drunk Elders and MS to their homes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit