What's Your Status? Are You Technically Still A JW?...

by minimus 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Got a visit in my office during work hours....ushered them out fairly quickly.

Liber8edwoman......that was awesome. The nerve of these cult elders to think they have the right to harass someone at work. Welcome to the forum.

As for me.....I just left this bat-shit crazy religious organization. Screw this cult and their silly formality rules. I've been free of them for a long time now, and they better never try to bother me.

Think About It

• freeintime
  • ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I am inactive. Still have a couple witness friends even with my beard. Being shunned by my sister but my parents still love me an show it.

• d
    d

I have been out since 2008 and I still get some knocking on my door.As a matter of fact two came just recently and left a 2012 memorial flyer. I actually feel bad for them they are nice people but misguided.It is not the people that are bad it is the religion.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

I have been mentally 'out' since 2007 and made the 'big fade' in 2010. I haven't been to a meeting in almost two years and did my last door in the 'ministry' 2,5 years ago.

I will reach the end of my therapy sessions in a few weeks after a year of therapy for heavy depressions and anxiety attacks. I feel so much better and have a will to live now! The only thing is, that my parents are still dubs and especially around this period they try to get me to come to the Memorial. Bring on the emotional blackmail!! :-( So I'm very nervous and really don't know what to do about this Thursday. I don't want to go, but it is soooo important for them. :-(

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

bsmart

Amelia, your daughters older sister? Is this a complicated family relationship, or also your daughter??? enquiring minds and all! lol, None of my business I know.

Sorry, half sister. I had my daughter with a much older guy who already had a grown up family from a previous relationship. They think of themselves as sisters though, which is lovely.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Inactive. Mentally, I've been disassociated for at leaste since 2001, but kept up pretenses for many years after that. I actually gave the Memorial Talk three years ago and haven't looked back since. EVERYONE has wondered how I can give a memorial talk one day and stop going the next.....hahahaha!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Don't know if my husband and I have been df'd in absentia or not. It's possible we're just "dangerous." Ha! I'm sixty years old and dangerous!

We've sent a really sarcastic letter to the WTS a few months ago...never heard anything. No one has called on our house in about six years-or spoken to us. As long as they leave us alone, it's O.K. with me.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Technically inactive. But a few elders must have suspicions that I'm apostate after I told them "Do you really believe everything they[the Governing Body] say?"

After reading this site, and coming to the realization that no amount of logic or facts can awaken a devout JW (unless they have their own suspicions), I've decided to fade quietly.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Inactive...an elders wife recently visited and said she knows things "must be up in the air" for me, whatever that means. I'll play the depression card and see what happens. The JWs are pretty lazy in this area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit