What's Your Status? Are You Technically Still A JW?...

by minimus 92 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

After doing the Fade, I am totally inactive. Technically, I am inactive--but mentally I am disassociated. And for sure, I could get disfellowshipped for things other than posting on this board--Christmas lights left up all summer, listening to Christmas music on purpose, having a Ouija board, having Crisis of Conscience, and even getting 9 CDs worth of Devil worship sermons.

No way I want back in that cancer. That is so Age of Pisces--out of date.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I am an eleven year "fader" who is also mentally disassociated. I go to the memorial for the sake of a few friends and until I move from the area. Several years back I may have gone to a special talk, but no more. They just wouldn't leave me alone with all their questions, etc.

Funny, but the religion is its own worst enemy because it is all-or-nothing. I have no illusions about how I am viewed. They know that somebody who doesn't go anymore and who won't tolerate their bullshit is really OUT!

• liber8edwoman
    liber8edwoman

DA'd. Mailed my letter as soon as the divorce agreement was signed (ex-hubby was a fanatical JW). Got a visit in my office, during work hours, from 3 elders to try and reason with me and bring me back into the fold ...I ushered them out fairly quickly, and without inviting them to have a seat. I assured them that I was in full possession of my mental faculties and understood the implications of my actions etc etc.

That was in 1991, and I have not regretted it for one moment (nor the divorce!)...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have no idea how I am classed by them. I never registered at the KH when I came to UK and I have not seen any JWs in 3 years. One person from Spain but who now lives is in Mexico knows I am apostate and my daughter's eldest sister knows I am inactive so is shunning me.

Personally, I too am a fully paid up member of the "mentally diseased apostate class".

I do worry about being "invited" to a JC although I know I shouldn't.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Active but with bullshit deflectors set on maximum

• bsmart
    bsmart

Born in, never dipped...

Amelia, your daughters older sister? Is this a complicated family relationship, or also your daughter??? enquiring minds and all! lol, None of my business I know.

• stillin
    stillin

Stillin, but not publishing. I can't help but wonder whether my continued existence at the KH automatically puts me in the "phenomenal growth" chart that they always point at, which is nothing but a direct paralell with the world's population growth!

I'm just too tired to fight with my wife every time I want to stay home from a meeting. I signed on in our marriage as a person who would support her spiritually and I'm trying to keep my promise... just not exactly how it started out.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Inactive

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

born in, never dipped, active goat

• freeintime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit