Americans! What is up with your Iced Tea?

by palmtree67 72 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

All you have to do is move from the midwest US to the SE US and have cultural shock at the grocery store...when I moved out East I had to adjust again, but made some nice discoveries with each move.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I also learned that "bags" are called "sacks", due to this conversation:

Dialect. Dialects change all over the country and within each state.

Here's something cute for you. In the south we call shopping carts buggies. In Michigan they are carts. Out in Connecticut and Rhode Island they are called carriages. I will not forget the time I was in the grocery store in Groton, CT and I heard on the PA, "Tewwweeee, get to the pahking lot and bwing back the cawwiges."

In the south you can order your tea either way, sweet or unsweetened. I order my tea half and half with lemon. Half sweet, half unsweetened because restaurants often put in too much sugar. I am an expert at making tea, hot or cold. I like it brewed right and if someone messed it up, it can make me feel really bummed.

To Burn: do you also remember Del Taco? I am trying to remember which was the chain in Texas. It had the most delicious breakfast burrittos and I have not ever been able to duplicate them.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    To Burn : do you also remember Del Taco?

I don't recall them. Must be a chain that didn't operate in my part of the country.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    do you also remember Del Taco?

We have Del Taco here!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well , this thread is all Greek to me, just off to smash a few plates.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yuuuuk....

I'm "American", but that gawdawful pee that's produced by Lipton bears absolutely NO resemblance to REAL tea, at all...

Yuuuuuuuk.....

I make my own tea - chai, mint herbal, rooibos herbal...

I only tried Lipton iced "tea" once - once was MORE than enough...

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Don't ask for Tea In Boston............................

It goes back aways LOL!!!!!!!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You can use Lipton to brew some pretty delicious tea of your own. Then throw in a bag or two of a Bigelow tea. Constant comment or Plantation Mint are oh so yummy. I love Chai, hot or cold with milk and sugar.

• Violia
    Violia

order Sweet Tea if you like your iced tea with sugar, if not order unsweetened tea or ask for artificial sweeteners. Some places sell a very large cup for $1.

I love chai tea.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's ice tea where I come from ma'am. And when you order ice tea, specify sweet or unsweetened and lemon if you want it. You have to ask for sugar packets or artificial sweetner packets.

Up here, it usually comes without sugar, and you add it yourself---you know, like normal people.

Silly NC. Normal people don't try to sweeten cold tea with sugar, not unless they like that gritty, sugar granule and tea together flavor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit