Ok one more time...How do YOU view Jesus???

by 3dogs1husband 42 Replies latest social humour

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think Jesus was an enlightened prophet, as was Buddha. I believe that each person's spiritual path is personal. I do not believe in formal organizations or buildings. God is not found within four walls and a roof, but in the hearts of each person who seeks enlightenment. Jesus did not have a church with four walls and a roof. He never asked for money or a position of power. He simply asked each person to look within themselves and discover that they each and every one is a son of God.

• ziddina
    ziddina

You have GOT to print up about 200 of these and distribute them thru your neighborhood, just before the "Memorial"-invite blitz takes place!!!

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@ palmtree

Couldn't have put it better myself

I didn't cos though this was social/humour thread

• ziddina
    ziddina

But to actually reply to the thread's question...

The book "The Jesus Mysteries" puts forth a strong case that "Jesus" never actually existed....

Rather like "Sherlock Holmes", who STILL receives requests for "his" services, and "Paul Bunyan", and "Pecos Bill" - and "Kilroy" of WWII's "Kilroy was here" fame,

"Jesus" is probably a myth cobbled together from bits and pieces of mythology floating around the Mediterranean for over a thousand years before "he" became a gleam in a Jewish fanatic's eye...

The fact that OTHER "messiahs" who were causing trouble for the Romans in the Judean area and nearby locations, ARE MENTIONED IN SECULAR ROMAN WRITINGS, while "Jesus" IS NOT MENTIONED IN SECULAR ROMAN WRITINGS, is compelling evidence that "he" did not actually exist.

• talesin
    talesin

I love the invite. Nicely done.. :D

ps. I put a note at the bottom of the other thread, directing folks here.

tal

• ziddina
    ziddina

Naouw, "King Arthur" wasn't real; the best that the archaeologists have come up with, is that "he" was based on a quasi-Roman prince Whoops I mean military leader - who ruled the province briefly around 300 - 500 C.E. ....

Here's a Wikipedia article on the subject...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_basis_for_King_Arthur

It's a good place to start....

• glenster
  • tinker
    tinker

just have to say Thanks to the creative people who print up these parodies. I love the send ups on WT covers too. They really do set themselves up don't they.

btw: speaking of mud in the eye, all the 'miricles' can be explained away by science. So that sister that argued with me for hours, Look it up.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Naouw, "King Arthur" wasn't real

Never said he was. Did you even read my post?

• mouthy
    mouthy

He is my best friend.... Helps me get through every day...

Please not sharp stones !!Ive got my glasses on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit