What does your profile name say about you?

by usualusername 79 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

finallysomepride

have being told all my life that pride is so wrong, now i am starting to accept that the balanced amount of pride is so right

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

After a lifetime of being under the microscope of uber-judgemental JW's, and after doing every and every form of debauchery imaginable after getting thrown out of the cult, I now know that there's no judgement, and there isn't even a Jehovah.... returning to the bosom of the creator after death is all there is, and he/she welcomes you with open arms.

• usualusername
    usualusername

It really helps to know the background of ya names.

Would I be right to assume that Maximus does not post anymore?

• minimus
    minimus

Maximus doesn't post here any longer. Too bad, he was spot on, knowledgeable as a DO, and humble.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Not a lot, it's a nick name from the real world which no one uses.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

00DAD

And I wouldn't want to do that!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Giordano Bruno, philosopher and scientist burnt at the stake by the church for heresy in 1600.

• factfinder
    factfinder

So many of you have clever profile names.

I wanted to use the Norwegian word Fremmed, which means stranger, because no one on jwn knew me and I felt like a stranger.

But I kept being rejected- JWN would not let me register. I even thought it was Jehovah stopping me from going on an apostate site! So I gave up trying to register for a while.

But I kept reading so many interesting posts and wanted to comment.

I did not realize I was being rejected because I was not using an English profile name.

So one day I decided to try again with a different name-but I can't come up with anything good.

So it just became factfinder. For many years I used to collect information and facts on the largest printing companies, including of course, the wts.

I wish I could have thought of a more clever name like so many of you have.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I chose Indian Larry as a screen name because I like the attitude he had about questioning everything. I also like his signature "question mark" logo. Here are some excerpts from the Wikipedia page on Indian Larry:

Having experienced and overcome many extreme tests in life, Indian Larry adopted the question mark as his personal symbol. Larry "had a lot going on in his head", and was by nature analytical, and a deep thinker.

A well-known anecdote about Indian Larry is that as a kid he attempted to build a bomb in his parent's basement in order to blow up the Catholic school;Instead, an explosion occurred at the DeSmedt home, and Larry lost the small finger on his left hand.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I just didn't know what to think when I first posted here....didn't know what to believe anymore....didn't know what to do after spending over thirty years in the borg...and since I'd come in at 21, I realised that I had virtually wasted so many years of my life going to people's doors to tell them that the generation that was of an age of understanding.... born in 1914....the contemporaries that didn't believe....would be here at the start of Armageddon.

I'd like to say for certain what I believe now, but I still don't really have it all sorted out. I just can't bring myself to join any other religion but don't know fully if evolution (which I do believe) simply means that some sort of symbolic Adam could not have existed. I admire Jesus for his teachings. Well, you get the picture of my name....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit