What does your profile name say about you?

by usualusername 79 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

I use usualusername as I am not creative enough to think of anything sexier...

What significance is there behind your profile name?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I took mine from the Neil Gaiman book-"American Gods".

There is a character in the book named Low-Key Lyesmith who is actually a modern-day incarnation of the norse god Loki. (Get it? Low-Key?).

I was reading the book when I first signed on here and thought it was a clever play on words. Kinda regret it now, because it does sound a little weird. I really wish folks would just call me "Breck", my real name.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

DilemmaGF - Girlfriend in dilemma

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Mine came from a drunken/high evening after I had found out all the lies the watchtower group had oppressed me with over the years. I had just started researching them and my head was spinning. I was angry.

Now I wish it was something more clever lol

• afreeman
    afreeman

Mine is a reference to both Gordon Freeman (the protagonist of the Half-Life videogame series) and my newly acquired mental freedom. Down with the Combine/WTS!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Mine is from the Smiths song "Bigmouth Strikes Again". The avatar is, by happy coincidence, from the cover of New Zealand band, The Bats, album called "Fear of God"!

I do worry though that people see me as a Big Mouth when I'm really not. I guess I'm stuck with it. Morrissey and I will just have to die mis-understood.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Mine is the name of a grumpy old bugger character in the (very) long-running UK BBC radio soap 'The Archers' ('an everyday story of country folk').

I'm not THAT old, nor that grumpy (usually).

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Mine is from Ray Franz's book "Crisis of Conscience".

It described perfectly how I felt mentally when I found out the truth about the truth and knew I couldn't just discuss it with anybody.

After all, where else would I go?

CoC

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I chose my to represent strength, mystery, power and beauty.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Mine...TOTH is an acronym for Tired of teh Hypocrisy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit