IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

? Slow? A shell? Slime maybe?

• still thinking
    still thinking

tec...

If I don't hear for a long time, then I can start to doubt too. Because I am doubting ME. But when I am hearing something, there is no doubt. I know.

I remember. When He speaks, there is no doubt. None at all.

I understand what you are saying here tec...but when we are doubting most...isn't that when we need gods guidence and support. For you, he helps you to overcome your doubt by 'speaking' again....most, if not all of us don't seem to get that reassurance.

As I said, my faith did not dwindle because I stopped beliving all of a sudden...it slowly dwindled because the support I thought I had completely stopped once I stopped praying to a god the WTS pushed.

I know you cannot answer my why questions....and I don't expect you to...it just doesn't make sense to me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.drew...it only became a 'something' after the 'someone' disappeared from my life. Now, I will acknowlegde there may still be a life giving force of some sort. Maybe its God...show me how you know....and maybe I will understand.

• N.drew
    N.drew

At one time the Watchtower had people believing God needs people. Maybe you felt needed.

Feeling needed is one of the best feelings. (Motherhood). It is my opinion that God does not need people. God does not need us.

I need God.

Your feeling has dwindled because you no longer believe you need God still thinking (perhaps).

• sizemik
    sizemik

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

• N.drew
    N.drew

I had a realization today. I can't tell you the whole of it, it was a religious experience.

It occured to me that it has to be hard to believe that if God is the Creator there can also be created things that don't believe God exists.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

I've never read that quote before. Really like it.

Even when I thought I was a true believer, I always had a nagging doubt in the existence of Jehovah or any gods.

Now, I am 100% convinced that there are no supernatural supreme beings of any kind. My non-belief feels comfortable and natural to me. I don't have a shred of doubt in my non-belief. Believers claim that they feel their god(s) in their hearts/souls/whatever, and that is their proof. I feel the same way about my non-belief. Every fiber of my being is convinced.

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.drew...

Your feeling has dwindled because you no longer believe you need God still thinking (perhaps).

You could be right...except...sometimes I still pray when I would like help...I'm not sure who or what I am praying to anymore though. So, I'm not sure I want to give him up.......maybe thats why I still cling on to the belief that he/it may be real?

• still thinking
    still thinking

sweetbaby....knowsnothing and panhandlegirl...

I have not had a chance to read your posts yet, but am keen to read them later when I come back.

I am out for dinner tonight...yayyyy!!! Not exciting for some. But for me the first time I've actually gone out, without a child, as an adult since my bithday last April.......maybe it was the April before...

• N.drew
    N.drew
    maybe thats why I still cling on to the belief

You do not want to burn your bridge and that is wise in my opinion.

I have been having understanding of things I wonder about.

It has come to my attention that it is probably true (I believe it scripturally interpreted) that it is acceptable to NOT understand and to understand but it is NOT acceptable to MISunderstand. People feel comfortable to settle on believing whatever they believe whether it is true or not. Of course no one here would chose to believe something not true on purpose knowing it is not true. Would they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit