IS GOD REAL? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

by still thinking 778 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I just have never felt a need to define those experiences.

Thats the problem I am having...If I am going to question whether God is a figment of my imagination or really exists..I need to define those experiences...to me it an honest thing to do because...if god is real...it should be clear. Shouldn't it? Surely he doesn't want people, who are honestly searching for him to be confused. Or just accept blindly. That is how we get suckered into religion...surely he wouldn't want that for us.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Lozhasleft...how can you say that is a fact? There may be a miriad of reasons for that experience.

• mP
    mP

palm

god still could have your parents from the beggining the jw were false prophets. prevention is always better than cure. if god can a problem he can also prevent it from germinating.

• tec
    tec

I thought that was pretty cool, Palm. I don't know how to read things like that, so I tend not to look for meaning in them. (tend not to... but sometimes I do)

Peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Still thinking-lol sorry unfortunate turn of phrase...just my opinion is all.

Loz x

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@still ....My thought for the day.... JUDAS ....poor maligned bugger! Someone had to be the one to give him up. He was the one designed for the job...and he did the will of god in him.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Morning wiz....yes...theres that free will argument again...I suppose someone had to do it didn't they? Sure if Judas didn't, someone else would have. But then you have God using someone that is having doubts or whatever his reasons were, to to serve his purpose...becasue it had to happen didn't it? Kind of an abuse of power isn't it? Taking advantage of others weeknessess for your own ends.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Sorry all, Iam only allowed 10 posts a day, which I got through, so Ive been left behind somewhat.

Firstly MP, you need to read my posts before commenting, saying I just found my Father on the internet, we didnt have the internet in those days, it wasnt like today where it is easy to find people with the likes of Facebook etc.

And why this obsession with Africa, you know how many tens of millions of Christians Stalin put to death in the Soviet Union just for being Christians?,and God didnt save them even though they are Christians, and white, though I really dont understand what thats got to do with anything, God isnt controlling the world at the moment, the Devil is, and he doesnt go around clearing up after the Devil, all I recall he promises us at the moment is to let himself be found by us if we really grope for him, which is what I feel he did in my case.

Still Thinking, I dont know why God hasnt responded to your requests, all I can state is my experience. For the first 3 years I was very Spiritually strong and in a strong congreagation, I decided to move to somewhere where I hoped the need would be greater, when I got there I felt no Spirit there and never did, it was like God just wasnt there, dont ask me why, I dont really know how it works, they used to come up with phrases like "blocking the Holy Spirit", what I can tell you about that congregation was that as many as would come in the front door, just as many would be leaving out the back, as I felt myself slipping away I would go to a neighbouring congragation or when friends came I would allways take them to that neighbouring cong. Anyway, in the end I belived the JWs propogander that I wasnt good enough and so God had left me.

After falling away for real, I never stopped believing in God, and I never wanted for him to not exist, now Iam not saying you are but you did say it was painfull to let go of the idea of a God, now there is a Scripture that says we have to belive in God in order to be able to please him, I really dont know why or how it works, maybe it is a condition of the scheme of things that we have to be pro-active in our search for him, like the other scripture I keep quoting, if we search for him, he lets himself be found, maybe its something you have to do every time you in effect lose him?

So i had lost that relationship, thinking I was not good enough and abandoned, but never that belief, or that desire that even if I couldnt be a part of it, that I still wanted his kingdom to come, for the end of world suffering for MPs Africans and the like.

Now I stumbled across and joined one of these Annointed Brothers forums who had been kicked out becase they dare try and shed new light on the 1914 Golden Calf, on this forum ex but loving Brothers helped me see that the JWs where wrong about certain things which helped me be able to seperate God from the JWs. Iam also in a position to be able to read the Bible a lot at work, working at a reception thats very quiet in the morning, I prayed a lot for God to help me understand the Bible itself rather than the JW interpretation, and I got back that feeling of Gods Holy Spirit when I prayed to him, and especially when I started "witnessing" to people again, (I dont mean Witnessing to get people to join the JWs, I mean Witnessing to get people to belive in God and the Bible), its quite strange when you find how people listen when you havnt got the JW stigma putting them off, My witnessing work probably has more quality in it then all the hours spent when I walked the streets.

I dont have Watchtowers or such, but people at work, and where I work there are thousands, they see me sitting there reading the Bible, and many will be intrigued so will ask me why Iam reading it, and I tell them, sometimes for an hour or so, and I have to keep buying Bibles from Amazon to give to people.

One thing I do know from my own experience, because Iam not a good Christian person or anything, I do know that for me its like a knob that you can turn up, the more you try to get closer and do things for God, the more he gets close to you, when I dont do so much because of other distractions, the further he gets, but he allways lets himself be found when I put myself out for him.

Please dont take any offence because I dont know how hard you have tried to regain that relationship, maybe youve tried harder than me but without success?, I just dont know, maybe Iam weaker than you and God feels I need more encouragement?

Iam sure that you cannot shame God, if youve tried to be close to him hes not going to say to you at the last day, "You werent close to me", in fact I would imagine that if you stayed loyal to him whilst he totally ignored you, that would be a massive point in your favour and that would bring far more credit to him then someone like me that he has to keep egging on.

• mP
    mP

still

yes tablet keyboard randomly omitts letters to give a genuine maori accent.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL mP...from now on I will read your posts with a Maori accent in my head...chur bro.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit