The Bible designed to stagnate people and ruin lives

by WTWizard 108 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One might find advice in the Bible about avoiding vices and sound business practices--that is pure common sense. Ordinary common sense will lead to the same conclusion that wasting your money on rubbish means having less to use for good things. It also leads to the conclusion that, if you pull off scams and charge unfair prices, you are going to lose business. This you can learn from any good business school, or by just looking around at businesses that are ripoffs. Do they get repeat business, especially these days when one pxxxed-off customer can post a bad review for everyone to see? You don't need the Bible to realize that.

So the Bible claims Jesus is the Truth. However, Horus was also claimed to be the Truth. And so were some 20 other "deities" that were born of virgins on December 25, had 12 disciples, performed miracles, died for 3 days, and were resurrected. As is the sun. Just look at these myths, and read them and see if they actually parallel with Jesus. Is it possible that the sun was actually the real truth, the real light, and our real savior? One thing is certain: The sun does give us life.

• mP
    mP

@Tec

i called you dishonest, because you selectively pick which scriptures and stories to believe, while the bible itself says in timothy all scripture is inspired of god etc. how exactly does one know which words are genuine and which are editions? the entire jesus story could be a complete lie, exaggeration or myth making as there are many unsubstantiated events in the gospels, like the tax census to name one.

im not denying there is some element of kindess in the relationship of naomi and ruth, but the pount is there are a lot of worrying messages in there. would you want youndaughter to do what i highlied ruth did with boaz? would you sell your daughter to a man? of course not, thus the question is why lie and say its worthwhile to read the book of ruth? i can watch similar type warm programs on tv but im not dumb enuff to say they are inspired from god or should be believed as holy from god.

• tec
    tec

i called you dishonest, because you selectively pick which scriptures and stories to believe,

Then are you not dishonest by your own standards, because this is what you are doing?

I do not selectively pick... I follow Christ, and see the Truth only by looking at Him.

I am a Christ-ian... not a bible-ian.

while the bible itself says in timothy all scripture is inspired of god etc.

But which parts are the scripture being spoken of here? Not everything written is scripture. Scripture is god-breathed/inspired. Is a record of the wars/histories, etc, scripture... or just a record for history? And does scripture mean that it cannot ever be tampered with?

how exactly does one know which words are genuine and which are editions? the entire jesus story could be a complete lie, exaggeration or myth making as there are many unsubstantiated events in the gospels, like the tax census to name one.

Could be.

But the words are true; the advice and lessons and teachings are true (as in correct)... they impart truths that I believe in 100% and that I see the truth in them if I apply them in my life. Christ is true. I hear him, in spirit and in understanding. You cannot accept that, I know. I understand this. But for me, I cannot deny it.

im not denying there is some element of kindess in the relationship of naomi and ruth, but the pount is there are a lot of worrying messages in there. would you want youndaughter to do what i highlied ruth did with boaz? would you sell your daughter to a man? of course not, thus the question is why lie and say its worthwhile to read the book of ruth? i can watch similar type warm programs on tv but im not dumb enuff to say they are inspired from god or should be believed as holy from god.

I see no worrying messages.

My daughter (if I had one) and Naomi's daughter lived thousands of years apart, in an entirely different world. Naomi send Ruth to Boaz after seeing what an honorable, just and kind man he was... not to pimp her out... but to gain for her a husband and children; by the customs of their people.

Read the story; that is what happens.

A woman has different opportunities and lives according to different customs today. But everyone in this story did all that was required of them, and showed honesty, humility, mercy and kindness to one another in doing so. The motives for everyone in that story was the care and well-being of someone else. Naomi for Ruth. Ruth for Naomi. Boaz for both Ruth and Naomi.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

no im not dishonest about picking scriptures. the bible is presented in its entirety as the word of god. examining and find problems are a test it should pass with flying colours. if there was a god, he would expect us not to accept a second fraud with contradictions, mistakes, lies, fabrications and laws that are obviously inserted by vile men.

firstly if you believe in christ, then you shoukd ask and be able to answer wyy did jesus bother and respect the ot as gods law? why was he not angry or did not mention the ot was a fraud and blasphemy. the fact is his actions, respect for traditions like the passover, circumcision, sabbath show he was very much a jew who accepted and bekieved.

regarding ruth, please dont start teling me about ancient customs, i know enuff about some of their many superstituions and similar nonsense. those books are presented as gods word for us to learn from it, not an exercise in watching some barbarians. no one should waste their time listening to those for morality or godly advice.

after all that fraud in ot, gospels and other nt books, how do jnow what is real and what is myth or political propoganda? the jesus story is a fraud like everything else in religion. there is no historical proof for jesus outside the bible. matthew is an established liar, mark makes the basic geogrpahic mistakes and has no resurrection or ascension. luke is also riddled with errors, while john seems to be teling quite a dufferent stiry from the synootic gospeks. then we have the curious case of paul not mentioning a single fact about jesus ministry except he is our lord who died for us. does paul really nknmow jesus, he doesnt emention nazareth, mary, any of the apostles, how or where jesus ministered or died?

• mP
    mP

@tec

im sorry jesus teachings and lessons cannot be true as they are mostly advices. they can be good, worthwhile or bad but never true or fakse. those lessons as presented are not facts but parables and commentaries.

• mP
    mP

@Tec

i believe you missed my point about ruth. im not denying there is a story about caring but theres also a story of a women being sold like a piece of meat. nobody today needs to be told tomread that story and learn from it. surely we csn do better, and write up our own better kinder good story.

if there was a god, god would be an extraordinary being with immense intellect. he wouldnt be influenced by the local customs of some jews thousands of yesrs ago. he wouldnt love everyone and yet say women are just meat to buy, sell and rape. ylu are disgarcing and insulting any real god to say he would have done such a poor job in assembling his thoughts for mankind.

• mP
    mP

@tec

regarding timothys quote aboutball'scriptures being inspired, well ihave no way of knowing what is true or false simoly because i was not there. none of us were. if we eliminate say leviticus, how do we judge which parts of matthew are true and which were edits during the last two thousand years? how do we judge if jesus really went to the temple at age 12 ? why does matthew copy all of mark and then add a ressurrection? if matthew was there why copy anything at all from mark, why isnt all the narrative his own writing. im sorry the synoptics demonstaprate an evolution in theology where jesus starts as a man and becomes a god in john.

• mP
    mP

@tec

the fact is you only know jesus from what appears in the gospels, john and the synoptics. given the synlptics are basicallybrevised copies of some source that means for all jesus greatness we have only two sources. the earthquake, darkness, zombies in matthew are not recirded by anyone anywhere in the roman world. how exactly does one explain jesus being unknown to the romans and jews? how does one explain paul never mentioning a single detail of jesus life and mninistry? does the name jesus even appear in revelation? does johnof revleation fame know anything about jesus ministry ?

• tec
    tec

no im not dishonest about picking scriptures.

Are you not picking the bad verses over the good ones? Is that the same selective picking you accuse me of doing, and being dishonest about?

the bible is presented in its entirety as the word of god

Ah... but presented by whom as this? Not God.

examining and find problems are a test it should pass with flying colours.
    If it was the infallible, inerrant Word of God, sure. But it is not. God is spirit. His Word is Spirit. Christ is the Word of God and Christ is also Spirit. What we have written are recordings of things that happened, some being inspired (so in the spirit, yes), but still subject to translation errors due to lack of understanding. (translation from spirit to flesh, and from language to language, and from copy to copy)

firstly if you believe in christ, then you shoukd ask and be able to answer wyy did jesus bother and respect the ot as gods law? why was he not angry or did not mention the ot was a fraud and blasphemy. the fact is his actions, respect for traditions like the passover,

circumcision, sabbath show he was very much a jew who accepted and bekieved.

He respected the law. There is nothing wrong with the law. There are things wrong with the application of the law, and the many rules and addendums that got added into the law. He also said specifically that Moses gave them the law on divorce... not because it was God's law, but because their hearts were too hard to hear anything better.

He also understood from the law, that mercy was more important than sacrifice. That forgiveness was better than punishment. He knew these things, and he taught them. He also improved upon eye for eye... to turn the other cheek and forgive all those who sin against you.

Just some things to think about.

after all that fraud in ot, gospels and other nt books, how do jnow what is real and what is myth or political propoganda?

Use your reason. See what is corroborated. Ask Christ for understanding and spirit. Apply His teachings... a liar and a fraud cannot teach truth, and is unlikely to die for it.

there is no historical proof for jesus outside the bible. matthew is an established liar, mark makes the basic geogrpahic mistakes and has no resurrection or ascension. luke is also riddled with errors, while john seems to be teling quite a dufferent stiry from the synootic gospeks. then we have the curious case of paul not mentioning a single fact about jesus ministry except he is our lord who died for us. does paul really nknmow jesus, he doesnt emention nazareth, mary, any of the apostles, how or where jesus ministered or died?

The bible is not one book or one witness accounts. It is many books, and many witness accounts. Most scholars accept an historical 'Jesus' ('yeshua ben josef' or some other spelling of his name.)

And again, you claim that someone is a liar without anything to prove this statement. Unless you think a mistake (if there is one) makes a person a liar? In which case, I guess that also makes you a liar. How many mistakes have you noticed that you have made in the course of our discussion?

If you have different witnesses with different e x periences, you are going to get different details to a similar story. That just makes sense. As for Paul, we only have a glimpse into his ministry through some letters that he wrote. But he ministered more in person, as he says even in those letters. His was not a gospel account of the life of Christ.

im sorry jesus teachings and lessons cannot be true as they are mostly advices. they can be good, worthwhile or bad but never true or fakse. those lessons as presented are not facts but parables and commentaries.

Some are parables, some teachings are designed to make you think and judge for yourself... some are pointblank instruction. Do not judge, lest you be judged. Bless those who curse you. No more eye for eye. Remove the plank in your own eye before you can see clearly to remove the splinter in your brother's eye.

If you can see the truth in these teachings, then the teachings are true.

he wouldnt love everyone and yet say women are just meat to buy, sell and rape.

You're right... he wouldn't... and he didn't. But Ruth was not sold like a piece of meat. She was a widow who was cared for by the nearest kin, taken as wife and her sons will continue the line of her late husband, so that his name does not die out. Different custom, different people, different time.

does the name jesus even appear in revelation?

It does.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

@tec

show me a reference from a contemporary of jesus outside the bible.

regarding revelation, show where jesus is identified, scriptures and explain why michael the archangel and all the titles are used, why nlt keep it simple and simply use jesus?

you cant say because the parrables are well written that is historical proof of jesus. read the gospels found in the nag hammadi scrolls, many of the gospel messages are also in there. the problem is these texts were wriitten many years even one hundred before jesus was born.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit