The Bible designed to stagnate people and ruin lives

by WTWizard 108 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

wtwizard

the three kings are in the belt of orion, they always point to sirius around xmas. jesus was born when we entered the age of pisces. the end of the age we see in the gospels is talk about the end of aquarius. there is a lot of symbolism which is all the zodiac.

the jews were very much into reading the stars. the passover is when the sun passes over the horizon as it travels bewteen the tropic of capricon in winter to the tropic of cancer in summer. easter is of course the spring equinox.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

WTWizard, in the OP you brought out how people are so entranced by the Bible thinking that its God's Word and its infallible or whatever. I can't speak for everybody, but I got hooked in by it as a young child because I thought to myself that this book is in just about every home and hotel and motel in the Western World and is available just about everywhere, how could it not be from God? And then, when I found out the machinations of this greedy materialistic world and then it was obvious: "God" was on the side of those with the most money and the biggest cannons, who of course invested in the mass production of the printing press.

• mP
    mP

@tec

are you blind? habe you honestly read the bible. nearly every page we see the worst crimes, most vile heroes, cruel perverted laws and then we are told its from god. theres very little god to be learnt from the good book. theres a famous quote that anyone who followed the ot would be a criminal and if they followed the nt thery would be insane.

there are entire books in the bible that NEVER say anything good and yet are remain filled with hatred, racism, violence, genocide etc. if you wamt links just ask. the bible has nothing positive to teach us today, its the product of anckent men with an agenda. the fact it contains no prophecy and contains many lies and frauds demonstrates this. again i can show you these if you want.

• mP
    mP

@tec

yes jts funny how jesus in mt 24 with his fds speech and peter and paul are obsessed with telling slaves to be good, peaceful and taxes. there are other scriptures where they encoursge cooperation with roman authorities if yiu want i can show them.

jesus, peter and paul are inventions they never existed. their stories were made up by romans.

• tec
    tec

are you blind? habe you honestly read the bible.

I'm not going to argue with you again, but I would ask you the same thing that you ask me. You, yourself, admitted to have misread things in the bible that have aided in convincing you that 'jesus' was not such a good guy. You said that he was angry in a place where he was not. How many other things might you have misread?

Yet presented with the evidence that the bible did not say what you thought it said, you still draw the same conclusion and ignore what you were wrong about. I don't understand that.

I cannot change your thinking, however, nor make you see God as Christ showed Him to be. You would have to be able to see Christ first.

nearly every page we see the worst crimes, most vile heroes, cruel perverted laws and then we are told its from god.

Nearly every page? Really? I bet if we went through every page of that book (in whatever size and version), that would be shown completely untrue.

theres very little god to be learnt from the good book.

Now look, here is something we can finally agree upon!

You can only see God by looking at Christ. The bible is not the image of God. Christ is the image of God.

Or did you mean 'good'? I thought you meant" there's very little God to be learnt from the good book."

theres a famous quote that anyone who followed the ot would be a criminal and if they followed the nt thery would be insane.

Well, I follow neither... but I do follow Christ. I suppose that would have me falling under the 'insane' category, according to your famous quote.

there are entire books in the bible that NEVER say anything good and yet are remain filled with hatred, racism, violence, genocide etc.

There are books that contain most of these teachings. I never claimed otherwise.

However, I do not follow anyone or thing other than Christ. It is HE who is the image and truth of God. If something in the OT contradicts with Him, then it is in contradiction with Truth.

the bible has nothing positive to teach us today,

Christ taught (as recorded in that book, though I agree that it is Christ doing the teaching, and not the bible):

Love others as yourself.

Forgive others.

Show mercy.

Bless those who curse you/turn the other cheek.

Do unto others as you would have them to unto you.

Serve one another.

Do not judge.

Feed and clothe the poor.

Give to those who ask of you.

I could go on. But I think you get the gist.

I do not believe the bible is inerrant, or infallable, or even the word of God. Just so you know where I stand. Christ is the Word of God. The bible contains history, myths, morals, laws, witness accounts, and scripture (inspired by God, and so could be said to be words of God). But all of that is a lot of things to fit into one book, and it cannot all be judged by the same mettle just because someone somewhere decided to make the doctrine of inerrancy. The bible does not make that claim about itself.

Peace, tammy
  • mP
    mP

@tec

you are dishonest, and have misrepresented my words. you have also completed twisted the meanings of words in an attempt to not say jesus was racist. you brought up abraham and insisted he had faith which i showed to be unfounded, and you could not dispute this by way of a scripture. i stated the abrahamic covenant was racist, and that jesus was participating in a race inspired mission. i answered many questions, you failed to simply address mine. its dishonest to answer a question with a never ending barrage of other stories. i never asked why jesus was preaching i was simply highlughting that incident. the gospel writers apparently are not ashamed of it either, they are proud of jesus attitude that is why they included as part of the details that she was smamaritan etc. if the story was just about jesus healing ability then it doesnt matter where she was from. the fact race was mentioned was an imoortant part of jesus attitude and how he handled the situation.

• mP
    mP

@tec

you are dishonest by only talking about jesus good words. the value of his ministry is accepting all available details. we cant simply use our modern western mrality to sweep away questionable or uncomfortable teachings. everything was included, if we edit this story we are creating yet another gospel. in any other documentation exercise such edits would rightly be considered a fraud or dishonest. if a doctor gave you a medicine only saying the good without mentioning the bad, that would be a serious issue. you wouldnt be happy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If look at the bible as book of myths legends and fairie tales, don't take it seriously at all and find the funny bits in amongst the copious shit, it is an OK book.

• glenster
  • Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

I don't agree with you, but thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

LS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit