The Bible designed to stagnate people and ruin lives

by WTWizard 108 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

@tec

you cant say the law is fine and then say its got bad elements within it. im pretty confident you have never read the laws mentioned in the torah. there are a large number of downright stupid laws. so why didnt jesus point out these laws were fraudulently inserted? why didnt he say man had changed his fathers law ? surely thats an important fact to know. so how many laws has god given to man in the ot ?

• tec
    tec

show me a reference from a contemporary of jesus outside the bible.

What do you mean? Something outside the bible that mentions him?

regarding revelation, show where jesus is identified, scriptures and explain why michael the archangel and all the titles are used, why nlt keep it simple and simply use jesus?

I am beginning to think that you are just toying with me. Just read the first few pages if you want to see that he is mentioned.

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants...

Rev 1:2 ... that is, the word of god and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 1:5 ... and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from teh dead and th ruler of the kings of th eearth.

Rev 1:9 ... I, Joh, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on teh island of Patmos becaue of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

There is also a lot of Lamb of God and Word of God - referring to him. I'm not reading through the entire thing to point out each occassion.

But we have more specific accounts of his name being used toward the end as well.

Rev 20: 4 I saw the souls of those who had been behaeded because of their testimony for Jesus...

Rev 20: 6 ... but they will ber priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years

Rev 22:20,21 Amen, come Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

How is that you do not know that these are there?

Peace,

tammy

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Before I started reading the Bible, my life was a selfish lie. I gratified myself often at the expense of others. The Bible put a hunger for righteousness in my heart....and that's when God revealed Himself to me. I had quit school at 15, so when God got hold of me, He gave me a desire to serve others. I dropped pre-matital sex and booze and went to night school and graduated from day high school at 21. I later graduated from university, got married, and went into education along with my wife, then special ed. and followed that up with a career (31 years) teaching handicapped children. After 7 years into retirement, some of my former students still call me to keep in touch. My life was advanced and blessed through reading the Bible.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    ....and that's when God revealed Himself to me

You saw him? You felt him? You thought that the positive feelings you were starting to have were because of him?

Please clarify what exactly you mean if you don't mind. I find it interesting when someone says god revealed himself.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Still Thinking

Here is my personal testimony. If there is no revelation, there is no faith....just belief or unbelief. In other words, without revelation, you have religion rather than relationship....and I believe God takes great joy in revealing Himself to spiritual paupers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSP6WCpurw&feature=related

Enjoy.

• tec
    tec

It is after midnight here, but I will watch that in the morning, Vander. Thank you in advance for sharing it.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

@tec

while you show revelation does say jesus, it doesnt mention his ministrybor life. if you read up about how copyists went about their work you will appreciate that they often tweeked texts. with that in mind its easy too see how a few lords got changed into jesus. we have the same tweaks today with the nwt changing lord bsck to jehovah in many places in the nt. anyway i just read the first half of rev 1 and honestly that sounds quite different from the jesus who came to earth. the death mentions dont sound at all like his crucifiction and strangely they never mention ressurection. can we honestly say this is the same jesus or are you accepting or rememberung what the jw told you. if john knew jesus why invent this new michael the archangel character, why not stick to just one name per person and avoid all this confusion?

• tec
    tec

Are you kidding me? You have some strange conspiracy theory going on, and no matter what you get wrong, no matter how many times you are forced to concede a point, you maintain that your original position is true. Yet you compare ME to the jw's?

Jesus is not Michael the Archangel. You learned that from the Jw's. Michael is mentioned in the book of Daniel, long before Revelation was written, so he was not 'invented' for the book of Revelation. He was already known, and already had a role to play.

NWT is the only bible I know that takes liberty with switching lord and jehovah. You even says 'back' to jehovah when there is no proof that it was written as jehovah to begin with. More jw thinking from you. Why don't you start using a different translation... you know just to get some balance and lose some of that bias?

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

MP

Perhaps the entire thing is simply an evolution of edit after edit. We have the book of Matthew containing many frauds, he simply made up a lot of stories to impress on us that Jesus was special.I could list dozens of lies of examples from Mt.Theres something really wrong that one has to lie to prove some truth.

TEC

True. But you don't know that he was lying about anything. I assume that you believe a mistake is not a lie, if there even is one?

MP

The story about a decree to head to Bethlehem is a lie, at the very least he should have realised that such an event had never happened before and would be highly unusual and plain stupid. The story of the zombies, earthquake, darkness when Jesus died is also a lie.

• mP
    mP

MP

the bible is presented in its entirety as the word of god

TEC

Ah... but presented by whom as this? Not God.

MP

Well most people will say that the Bible is presented as the word of God. I assumed (yes assumptions are a cause of many problems) that if you believed in Jesus you also accepted the rest of the BIble for the same reason. Given we have no proof of "God" sponsoring all or any part of the Bible, thenwe can also say the whole thing is a big stinky fake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit