The Bible designed to stagnate people and ruin lives

by WTWizard 108 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Your charts are subjective. I guarantee that I could move the bad books to the good books by finding something good or useful written in them.

All besides the point though.

You did not answer my questions, btw.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

@tec

You ignore all the times Abraham showed that he had great faith, to say that he had no faith. Is that not dishonest by your standards?

@MP

Firstly the Bible only presents a number of major events in Abraham life where we can judge whether he was faithful in a difficult situation. In the three cases I gave from the scriptures he was not faithful. No where does the Bible show a story with a faithful Abraham. I await the scripture, but you have yet to provide one that shows him to be faithful.

@TEC

If the abrahamic covenant was racist, then why could anyone not of Israel (foreigners, other races) join Israel to become part of that covenant?

@MP

As always you fail to present a scripture that backs your point of view. In this particular case i can demonstrate the Jews were anything but friendly or inviting to their neighbours. They tried to kill all their neighbours and only tolerated the ones they were too weak to conquer or enslave.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/le/chapter_025.htm

As for your slave man and your slave girl who become yours from the nations that are round about YOU people, from them YOU may buy a slave man and a slave girl. And also from the sons of the settlers who are residing as aliens with YOU , from them YOU may buy, and from their families that are with YOU whom they had born to them in YOUR land; and they must become YOUR possession. And YOU must pass them on as an inheritance to YOUR sons after YOU to inherit as a possession to time indefinite. Y OU may use them as workers, but upon YOUR brothers the sons of Israel, you must not tread, the one upon the other, with tyranny.

All foriegners must be slaves forever.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/de/chapter_031.htm

Jehovah your God is the one crossing before you. He himself will annihilate these nations from before you, and you must drive them away. Joshua is the one crossing before you, just as Jehovah has spoken. And Jehovah will certainly do to them just as he has done to Si´hon and to Og, the kings of the Am´or·ites, and to their land, when he annihilated them.

God wants all neighbours killed.

Where is the scripture that invites everyone to the Abrahamic convenent as you claim. Those laws were around a thousand years before jesus and there is no scripture inviting everyone. Thats an absolute lie and a christian invention.

No it is not dishonest, im not interested if they were good in the eyes of those ancients. I live today, JW judge people all the time by their so called good standards. The same needs to be done for Abraham and other OT heroes. A murderer is just as vile today as they were back then. For the NT to call Lot a righteous man is pathetic and shows just how warped or twisted those people are. I personally am not impressed by messages written by such pathetic people.

• mP
    mP

@TEC

The point is if you reviewed my post from a few minutes ago, theres so much hatred and evil in the Bible and little good, its best to simply ignore it. The Bible is nothing but a manual in hole in how to hate, kill , murder and lie saying that God wants this evil.

The jews were never backed up by god. They always lost when larger nations came along. Their so called super victories like against Egypt are completely fabricated stories that never happend and have never been proven by archeologists. Im not blaming them for claiming god was on their side, all nations claimed that in the past, either way its simply not true.

If anything we can say God was an Egyptian he made them great for thousands of years. Israel was always a nobody compared to other greats.

• tec
    tec

As always you fail to present a scripture that backs your point of view

I do not provide the scriptures because you say that you know the bible. You always offer to provide scriptures, but I do not need you to. For the most part I know the scriptures you are referring to that you think back your view.

You could ask any Jewish person if someone could join who was an outsider... but I will provide a scripture that you do not seem to know:

Isaiah 56: 3 - 7

Let no foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD say, "the LORD will surely exclude me from his people."... For this is what the LORD says: ... And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to serve him, to love the name of the LORD, and to worship him, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant - these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations."

E x odus 12:48

"An alien living among you who wants to celibrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat of it. The same law appplies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

Also interesting to note is that David came from Jesse who came from Obed who came from Ruth... a foreigner held in high esteem. (Moabite)

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

BIBLE READING

@Tec

I do know the Bible reasonably well. However i am having a hard time accepting your comments as you seem very liberal in your interpretation. It is this selective biased reading that has me concerned.

• mP
    mP

TEC

Also interesting to note is that David came from Jesse who came from Obed who came from Ruth... a foreigner held in high esteem. (Moabite)

MP:

You seem to completely ignore that Ruth was the exception to the law about killing and enslaving everyone that i found. The problem is that such a vile law was given by God in the first place. We can simply say that Ruth was extremely lucky, and no doubt her cooperation is what saved her, lets not mistake this was not an act of kindness but a transaction, she traded something of miltary value and got spared. The overall message is still to kill something you dishonestly ignore.

• mP
    mP

TEC

If the abrahamic covenant was racist, then why is it written that all peoples on earth will be blessed through him? Gen 12:3

and

You ignore all the times Abraham showed that he had great faith, to say that he had no faith. Is that not dishonest by your standards? You are choosing to see the bad, and in doing so, ignoring the good and what that might do to change the conclusions that you draw. You are searching through the good about Christ to latch onto something that you think is bad (racism), but that has another explanation, and so you could be wrong in your accusation. If I was accusing someone of racism, and another reason presented itself that disproved racism, I would drop it long before I risked accusing an innocent person of a crime they did not commit. Christ is a healer, the man who befriended the downtrodden, and defended them against the 'pharisees'. The man who preached that we serve one another, show forgiveness, and mercy, and love to both friend and enemy, who taught that it matters nothing what is on the outside, but rather it is what is on the inside of us that counts (which hardly sounds like the teaching of a racist) ... and who also said that we will be judged by the same measure we use to judge.

Peace,

tammy

mP

Genesis is stupid. Its making an outrageous statement that has absolute position to support it. How exactly where the canaanites blessed by this convenent, the Bible says they all deserve to die or be slaves. Your argument about the world gaining a blessing is preposterous.

• mP
    mP

TEC

Exodus 12:48

"An alien living among you who wants to celibrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat of it. The same law appplies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

MP

You ignored the other law that says they should be killed first. If that law were obeyed they would never have had the opportunity to come to the passover.

• tec
    tec

So you have nothing to say about the verse from Isaiah? It sounds very clear that the foreigner is included with the people of God... since it says let NO foreigner say that he is not included. That is black and white. What liberal interpretation is there in that?

How about these which are in the actual law?:

Leviticus 19:33-34

When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Eodus 22:21

Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

@TEC

I do not provide the scriptures because you say that you know the bible. You always offer to provide scriptures, but I do not need you to. For the most part I know the scriptures you are referring to that you think back your view.

You could ask any Jewish person if someone could join who was an outsider... but I will provide a scripture that you do not seem to know:

@MP

You fail to appreciate the attitudes of the modern jew and Judaism has evolved since the original hates and death in the OT. Their current beliefs are irrevelant as we can read the message in the Bible ourself and see the OT is not warm and fuzzy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit