....And what if it IS the truth????

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The concept of God having an organization is a Watch Tower Society construct designed to make JWs obey everything the organization tells them. If it was so important to God that he have an organization, why did Jesus never mention it?

Does the modus operandi of the WTS mirror God's love? What does your reading of Ray Franz's book tell you about the level of deception, control and pride that motivates their every move? What did Jesus do with people who disagreed with him -- did he shun them for life? Would God or Jesus "use" as their "organization" a religion that was so controlling and so retributive?

And if it's true that Jesus inspected all religions in 1914 and chose the WTS as his organization, why did he choose a religion that within a very short time began to change its teachings? And decided its old teachings were wrong? In the parable at Mark 13:35, Jesus told his followers to stay awake "for you do not know when the master of the house is coming", but what were the Bible Students doing in 1914? Were they waiting for the master to return .... or had they decided he had come 40 years earlier in 1874? What would Jesus have thought about Rutherford sacking a majority of the WTS board of directors so he could insist on his article with his interpretation being printed in The Watchtower?

To many people the Watchtower Society has a very benevolent appearance. Dig deeper, however, search the past, and you find a corrosive culture of distortions, information control, secrets, and whitewashed and rewritten history.

It's not the truth. It can't be.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Haven't you read the Malawi/Mexico threads?

If you still think it's "the Truth", you need to research more.

• designs
    designs

Take a course at a community college on comparitive religion and the history of christianity and you will be able to trace the development of the Watchtower theology.

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

Hello MsGrowinggirl20, I am new here (as of about ten minutes ago after "lurking" for a while) So a big hello to you my sister and to all others posting here.

My full story is too long to recount right now, but basically i started having doubts in the last couple of years, and have finally been moved by my own conscience to investigate fully. I just finished reading "Crisis of conscience" last night, after starting it the day before, and my reaction has been exactly the same as yours was in your recent posts () although somewhat less upset as from reading here on and off over the last couple of years, I kind of knew what to expect. I too am at a crossroads as to what to do next. there are so many things to consider, I understand the viewpoints of those whos conscience forbids them to stay in for the sake of keeping precious relationships with friends and family. I also understand those who couldnt bear the the thought of hurting those they love, and going it alone to follow their sincere conscience. Either way I will be honest with how I feel to my husband, just as soon as I work those feelings out myself! More research, bible reading and prayer is needed, but I have given myself a time frame in order to take action one way or another so as to avoid sitting on the fence. Watch this space....

paragraph deleted!

Needing company of like minded ones desperately!

Love,

"Not Ready"

• Notreadytorun
  • biometrics
    biometrics

I asked myself that question "What if it's the truth" many times before deciding not to attend meetings.

My conclusion was that:

1. Although never claiming infallibility, the Watchtower society did make predictions that were claimed to be Guided by God's spirit. As far as I'm aware all those predictions failed, or in the case of 1914 the goalposts have been moved to buy more time.

2. I could not find one single bible account where Jehovah used people (group or individual). Then gave them failed predictions / failed prophesy, or asked his people to move goalposts to accomodate a prediction. Yet Jehovah's Witnesses still cling to 1914 as if it was handed down from God.

3. Every instance where Jehovah has worked through man, there has always been associated signs (miracles, true prophesy).

4. There are many contradictions in Watchtower publications (I'm not just talking about the Sodomites being resurrected).

5. When something in the bible doesn't agree with Watchtower teachings, or they don't know the answer, the Watchtower labels it symbolic (e.g. Lazarus and the rich man, signs of Christ's return). This makes it impossible to prove or disprove.

6. When reading publications I get the distinct feeling that a lot of it is guesswork (e.g. red Revelation book).

7. Most Jehovah's Witnesses know almost nothing of Charles Taze Russell's original teachings, and have never read any publication written by him. Yet he is often praised for his founding work. The Watchtower forbids reading of these older publications, and even disfellowships some for seeking out these earlier publications.

8. Charles Taze Russell was an independent thinker, which led him to radical ideas on the bible, and prophesy. Yet he was a imperfect man, and NOT inspired prophet. If you have the same "independent thinking", you will be disfellowshiped.

9. Abraham was able to question God's decision to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, Moses questioned God's decision to choose him. Yet if you dare question Watchtower teachings (remember they are imperfect men), you will be disfellowshiped.

10. As a Jehovah's Witness you are encouraged and even praised for finding faults in other religions (e.g. Mankind's search for God book). Yet you will be disfellowshipped for seeking truth about Watchtower faults.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Notreadytorun,

Welcome. But I write this to warn you that you have too much private information in your first.

You could well be outed. There are many Aussies on the board and thre branch could well monitor the forum.

Also giving your email in not a good idea, suggest instead that they send you a private message on the board.

BTW you must make any changes within 30 minutes.... Please do so now.

y

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Too many nagging questions for it to be.

Besides,no disrepect,but alot of thiose born in 1914 have passed along I believe.

Ask,why do they do so much planning and building of assembly halls/kingdom halls if the end if so near ?

I always heard that if you weren't baptized then you wouldn't make it into the new kingdom. That included kids of witnesses. BAPTIZED people only. Am I the only one who always heard that ? Yet, I know witnesses having kids left and right. No where near the age for baptism.

Where is the peace and security that we would hear about ,then the end would come ?

What about the BILLIONS in China ? Have they all heard the truth ? How many congregations are in China ?

China ? What about North Korea ???

So many questions...........

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The JWs often give as their "proof" that they are God's organization:

• No other organisation has the same international peace and harmony in its ranks. It's a powerful point, and they are to be commended for it, though I think the Quakers are also pacifists with an international membership. Unfortunately it comes at the cost of repression of individuality as believers not only become "united in mind" but are forced to become uniform in speech, behaviour and outlook. It's a very brave soul who brokes free within their ranks and chooses to express their individuality.
    • The rapid growth of the organisation in the "last days". They have certainly developed sophisticated recruitment techniques and exploited modern fears of the future. But as someone pointed out, the Jews and the gay population have increased in size since World War II. Pentecostal churches and the Mormons have also grown rapidly. And what to do they make of the slowing rate of growth?
    • Their persistence at their worldwide door-to-door preaching campaign despite the unsaid fact that everyone hates it. It all comes down to organisational and preer pressure to keep going and fears of repercussions should they stop. And what quality is that preaching? Most JWs do it perfunctorily, lying about their hours, dawdling in streets, cars and coffee shops, doing anything they can to avoid knocking on doors, then just half-heartedly offering mags when someone does open the door. Zealous? Whole-hearted? I think not.
  • Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

thanks yesidid xx i think once i make a final decision ill either out myself here or remove my membership. But the email address i mentioned is one purely set up to use this site. if the branch monitors this site and would email me pretending to be a member as a fishing expedition, then arent they just sick wierdos!? But I guess I should be more suspicius after reading Crisis of Conscience eh?

But yes, I am an Aussie everyone.

Invite to any members to PM me for chats

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit