....And what if it IS the truth????

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

MsGrowingGirl20... I believe several of us sent you PMs a few weeks ago... not sure if you saw those yet but you have to click on the envelope on the top right corner of this page...

• dinah
    dinah

But, but, Jeff............I love Nirvana. Light my candles in a daze 'cos I found god...................

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I love some of their songs too. LOL

Jeff

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, MsGrowingGirl20!!!

I think I've previously given you this advice, but...

Here goes, again...

Get your hands on ALL the OLD Watchtower Society literature that you can...

Read, read, read... Cross-reference, if you need to...

Do a LOT of research - and not just in old Watchtower literature.

Research "cults"....

Research "doomsday mentality"....

And then see what you think - feel...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Prove to yourself that 1914 is a date marked in the Scriptures as being special.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Once you really examine this organization, the way this organization recommends others to examine their "false" religions, it falls apart. There is NO way this is God's organization. There is NO way, they aren't even close. Mind control does not make it truth, it just makes it good programming.

I am a big fan of research this organization, the more you do, the faster the chains let go. I personally have zero doubts, they are nothing but mind control false prophets responsible for the descruction and loss of many lives. I see it as one of the most blood guilty cults around. It makes me sick to think I ever believed, and oh so grateful to be free of it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

MsGrowingGirl20: Remind yourself of this FACT. Even if it's NOT true, you are obligated to believe it and promote it, or you can be disfellowshipped. How does that make you feel? Bullied?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My wife asked me that question when I first left, she was still supposedly a Jw, I said "As usual you are jumping the gun, first prove it is the truth, then I will worry about "what next"". (That sounds a bit smart ass, but she always crosses bridges before they are even built, so the "As usual" was true and fair)

She was unable to support the religion in any way, and therefore left as well.

We have found it was not the truth, in any way, and what came next was a journey to a wonderful place of freedom and spiritual fulfillment.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

That's like saying "What if it is the quinkyquarnk?"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Does the Watchtower Really Want you to 'Make Sure of All Things'?

HOW DOES THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY FEEL ABOUT AND EXAMINATION OF THEIR BELIEFS?

WATCHTOWER. Mar-1-1894 p.1629 If you find something written by us that's not in harmony with the Bible don't circulate it.

WATCHTOWER. Dec-15-1914 p.377-8 Says if you find something better let us know. (Quote also in the 12-1-90 WATCHTOWER p.19}

WATCHTOWER.May-1-34 p.131 Encourages us to use our Bible to prove if what the WATCHTOWER says is wrong.

WATCHTOWER. Aug-1-78 p.12 We are not afraid of being exposed.

AWAKE!. Aug-22-84 p.28 Must be willing to submit to scrutiny.

RICHES book p.178 Says if you find a lie forsake it.

WATCHTOWER. Aug-15-50 p.263 Invites critical examination.

WATCHTOWER. Nov-15-63 p.688 It's not wrong to expose false religion.

TRUTH book p.13 Tells us to examine our religion.

AWAKE! Oct-22-73 p.6 Examine both sides of a matter.

WATCHTOWER. Jun-15-85 p.12 Refer to older publications if needed.

WATCHTOWER. Nov-22-84 p.3-4 Article on having an open or closed mind.

AWAKE!. Jun-8-94 p.21 Encourages us to have freedom of thought.

These are great articles

BUT

HOW DOES THE WATCHTOWER REALLY FEELabout people looking critically at their writings.

WATCHTOWER. May-1-57 p.284 Do not criticize the organization.

WATCHTOWER. Mar-15-86 p.16 Any questioning of the organization reveals a Satanic influence.

WATCHTOWER. Feb-1-52 p.80 We should meekly go along with the organization.

Qualified to be Ministers book 1955 p.156 We should believe all things the WATCHTOWER says.

WATCHTOWER. Feb-15-81 p.18 Tells us not to be skeptical of slave class.

WATCHTOWER. Jan-15-83 p.22-27 Avoid independent thinking.

WATCHTOWER. Jun-1-67 p.338 Heavy research not needed only WATCHTOWER publications.

WATCHTOWER. Apr-1-86 p.31 Must accept beliefs unique to JW'S.

WATCHTOWER. May-1-84 p.31 Stay away from literature that deceives

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit