Are black people more emotional than white people

by barry 108 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am sure that they were giving you a compliment! Adding a little "Country" to an already beautiful Australian accent, would, I bet, be one of the most incredible accents in the world! I could listen to an Australian accent for hours on end. A close second on my list would be a North Georgia/North Carolina accent. I have no idea what my accent sounds like, as I have lived in so many places, but I know that it would never compare to yours!!!

• barry
    barry

Don't put yourself down mate I don't have an accent where I come from but you would have a beautifull accent over here I'm sure. I guess the fact we hear American accents all the time on TV has the effect of being common to us but it still sounds OK. Giveme your number Ill call you up sometime.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Can't believe I am posting here

Getting to the original question

There is a huge difference between culture and race. You can choose which culture you live in. You cannot choose race.

I have been to churches of white people who are just as emotionally involved in their religious services as any I have seen in predominantly black churches. If (as an Aussie) your information about the cultural climate of churches is based on the media then you have to remember that the media has this huge tendency to sensationalize everything.

The culture of some churches influences how people react. If you go to a church where no one is standing and waving their arms then you are going to look pretty stupid being the only one to do so. But if you are in a church where many people are doing it then you can make the choice to do it too if you want to. It has nothing to do with what color your skin is.

You can also choose the cultural difference by deciding to go to a church that meets your needs. If you like to stand and wave your arms then it would make perfect sense to go where that is accepted. It is a choice not a requirement.

How people are in one environment has no bearing on how they might be in another environment. A person might choose to go to a church where outward expression of music is welcome but they could be a tax consultant in their real lives where there is little to be emotional about and it would be unacceptable to behave emotionally when things happen. Going to a church where emotional expression is welcomed might be a way to free oneself at least in one area of their lives.

Behavior is often dictated by environment and personal choice. Most people regardless of culture whisper when they go to a library or funeral home and feel perfectly OK yelling and cheering at a sports event. But even if everyone is yelling at the sports event you could choose not to.

People are people first regardless of race or culture. We all have the capacity for emotional expression. How we do that and where is almost entirely based on the environment and personal choice

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A voice of reason as always Lady Lee. Thank you.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

mrsjones sometimes the lack of information or misinformation we had as JWs takes a while to overcome. Reading WT publications for 50 years (in some cases although mine was 22 years) is NOT the equivalent of a college education. For sure it hasdn't done much for the gb and all those who write for the WTS

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I know that brown people are darker than pink people, after that I don't know much.

I do know that among my race of pink people some are paler than others, but are pretty much the same in emotions.

I *think* that both brown and pink people like a lot of the same things, like respect, validation, appreciation and other stuff like that and when they don't get that it makes both the pink and brown people emotional. I might be out on a limb with all of this though.

Oh wait! I've seen both pink and brown people at sporting events and they were equally emotional in that setting.

• Diest
    Diest

I think the poster phrased this wrong. 'Blacks' arent more emotional they are just less likely to be as uptight(see boring). In general histoically black chuches seem to have more energy than the coresponding white group. If I had grown up in this chuch I dont think I would have been as likely to leave religion.

PS It is less about skin color and more about culture.

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8fV7ONAxM'

• barry
    barry

Gday Diest, I like that preacher, I couldn't stop laughing, The new Fword forgive.

• sizemik

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit