Are black people more emotional than white people

by barry 108 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I see in churches in the states standing up in church dancing, clapping their hands and being quite emotional even in a church. Things which that wouldnt be acceptable in Australia.

The link below also shows black SDA ministers dressed in clergy style dress which is quite unusual for ministers here in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNBDm0Unsw&feature=g-all&context=G2e791f1FAAAAAAAAMAAs

Could any of my American friends inform me I showed it to my father who is a lay preacher and he was mistified as to what tradition this dress comes from but seems to be concentrated to th eblack community also?

• barry
    barry

Also are there different traditions between black and white kingdom halls

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is cultural, IMO. B/c it is so theatrical, it looks great on film or TV. I don't know your answer. My guess is that it is combination of African and European cultures. I attended a predominately black KH growing up. The people in the black KH were poorer but that is a class issue. The distinctions were subtler. I found black witnesses warmer than the suburban white ones. I always thought it was a Christian duty to integrate but I discovered that KHs in the South were segregated. I was a preteen but I told the CO it was deplorable. The Society did not want to hurt white people ---so they hurt black people.

I am no expert.

• finally awake
    finally awake

There are some all-white churches that go in for the highly emotional, dramatic church services. In my experience, it's usually the Pentecostals or other fundamentalist type churches. It could be that they are not all white on purpose, so much as there just aren't many non-white people living in my area.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Really? Is this a real topic?

• Joliette
    Joliette

I would have to say yes (and this is coming from a black person, myself, lol) But there are white people that get emotionally about god also. In the south, both blacks and whites seem to be more religious.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Apparently (and amazingly) so Mrs. J. . . .

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I guess someone has nothing better to talk about.

• barry
    barry

It's a real topic for us in Australia as we don't have many African people here. We have the Australian aboriginal people butthey are a different race more related to white people I beleive.

• talesin
    talesin

I can't,,,, believe ............ some of the topics!

arggghhhh........................

Yes, THEY ARE more emotional........ Just kidding! ..............

oy

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit