Are black people more emotional than white people

by barry 108 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When my hubby was well he loved acting like he couldn't dance. The only people that would annoyed by it would be other black men whiched would crack my husband up.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I used to do the same. Especially with some of the younger sisters at weddings. They wanted to dance and well, the brothers their age wouldn't dance, so I would, like a dork.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm Anglican and I have never seen a priest on duty in suit and tie. Perhaps they do in private life but at church functions they wear a clerical collar or stoles, magnificent vestments. For some reason I don't understand, a suit and tie would bother me. Note how both of us assume ministers are men. I met Madeleine L'Engle when she was helping the first group of ordained women in NY to pick out clerical dress. She said we don't need little men and I started exclaiming Amen.

Different denominations have different cultures. In fact, NY is mostly high church. You know a high church from a broad church or low church immediately b/c of the different cultures.

• barry
    barry

Gday band on the run,

The Anglican diocese here is very casual the priests here dress like everyone else they don't even wear a tie even in church. Its a very evangelical church we go to. Barry

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was raised in a Methodist church in the 70's and 80's in rural Southern Illinois. Our preachers always wore the long robes and colored shawls. It was a *very* reserved place - no emotion allowed. One new preacher tried to start altar calls during the Sunday service and was quickly told by the congregation bigwigs to knock it off.

My family would never display any emotion at a funeral. My inlaws do the whole "throw myself in the ground with the coffin" thing. Tripped me out the first time I saw that - I sat with my hands clenched to the point my nails cut into my palms to keep from crying. I just couldn't let myself lose control in front of everyone. I didn't feel like I had the right, like my grief was anywhere in the same league as theirs since I was just a relatively new inlaw who barely even knew the deceased.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Using another thread instead of this one to Twist comments and make everything about you again? Really??? Instead of answering a question posed to you on this thread, you use someone elses thread instead to make even more accusations? I asked some very valid questions. You made accusations, and I asked for an (honest) answer, yet you make it out like poor l'il old Mrs. J is being persecuted again by an evil racist White man once again because she is Black. The race card won't last forever, and eventually you will have to stand on your own two feet without using that card as a crutch. If you don't like someone questioning your accusations, then simply stop accusing. It is actually very simple.

Since you have not dropped it, and are continuing to defame accuse, even on someone else's thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with this one, I ask you again. In specific, which of those lovely well thought out posts that you made were discounted because you are Black? What was said to YOU directly that made you say that your posts were being discounted because you are Black? Please do not answer as you did in the other thread that it is all because you are Black. That is not an answer. Look back at your posts, then look back at your accusations, and answer honestly. I, and everyone else on this board has a right to question you because you made accusations. Questioning someone's character is very serious, and demands some serious answers. You yourself would demand the same! If your accusations are true, it will be very easy for you to cite sources. I do understand that it may take a while to search my posts to find that tiny "Needle in the haystack" somewhere that you can twist to try to use against me to try to make me out the bad guy as you have always done to me, so I will try to wait a bit.

Why is it that I can make a post that is 99.9 percent about Love, harmony, rainbows and unicorns, yet you focus on finding the one little thing that can be twisted to fit your motives to try to make me look bad? Why is that?

Look in the mirror, search your soul and ask yourself, Who is really the one with an axe to grind? After all, you did make that accusation about the "Some" on the other thread.

Thanks!

Here

• barry
    barry

Gday newchapter,

I have heard of snake handling but have never seen it practiced. I notice no one actually got bitten at that service. Maybe we should send them an Australian brown snake, one of the most poisonous in the world. There wouldn't be many paritioners after a few months. And these are white people, are they hillbillies ?

Barry

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi Barry. Hillbillies are just another nickname for some people who live in Rural and often times mountainous areas, particularly East of the Mississippi river. There is a show in the USA right now called Hillbilly Handfishing. A Hick is another name given sometimes to rural people here, although in some circles it can be taken as being derogatory. I am from Florida, and being White I have been called a Cracker. They are just names, I haver been called all three and as long as someone isn't trying to be facetious when using the term, I have taken no offense. I guess it just depends on the person.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I would like to bring up another point. Snowbird (Sylvia) has also brought up the exact same thing that I did about more Black people not shunning their families than Whites do. She said:

I confess that when I first started reading at this site - 8 years ago - I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I knew that DF'd persons were to be excluded from any spiritual interaction, but I'd never personally witnessed the extreme shunning that the Society encourages.
    I've often mentioned that this seldom happens in Black families. Of course, I have no statistical evidence to back this up, but I have yet to see a family in my area practice this kind of shunning. If someone else has, please speak up. As to why many Black families refuse to shun their loved ones, I don't have a hard answer, but I can make a conjecture.

Here

OMG! Another Black person said basically the same thing that I did. Her and I have even discussed this exact same thing at length on the telephone! She admits that Black people are more different and family oriented than many Whites, especially when it comes to shunning! Is Sylvia wrong and a racist too? Or is it only a problem when I (or another White person) says it?

• barry
    barry

Gday Ohiocowboy,

I have been called an 'Australian hillbilly' By Americans in California. I met some Americans in Europe and they invited me to spend my holidays at their place in Los Angelies. They loved my accent and as we drove along the road I was told just to keep talking because they love the sound of my voice. But then they said i sounded like an Ausralian hillbilly. I didn't take offence at that they were nice people.

Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit