Are black people more emotional than white people

by barry 108 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the comments I'm reading sound like a high school film on race from 1961.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Personally, I think one of the reasons the US is one of the greatest nations in history is because we have been a melting pot for all races, cultures, and genders.

I'll attack my own post. That quote might be in danger if conservative Repubs have their way. /snicker Though considering our history, since 1776, we've fought internally every step of the way towards immigration, suffrage, and equal rights.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm glad I grew up in Venice, CA. I was surrounded by every race and ethnicity u can think of. Leaving that area made me feel uncomfortable. I was used to diversity.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Razziel, that "Empiracle Scientific Research" that has been done countless times and independently verified by even the most brilliant and well respected pioneers in Science and medicine (which includes many Black people) holds no weight whatsoever here. It has been hashed and rehashed over and over again. You will quickly learn that there are a select few posters here who are the final authority on these matters, and any opinion to the contrary will earn you nothing but the title of Racist (especially if you are White), liar, and troll.

I totally agree with you when you say "I wish we could strike a balance about it without being considered either racist or anal-retentive in political correctness." Wouldn't it be nice!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to celebrate our differences (as minor as they may be) so that we can grow and learn from each other! Unfortunately though, there are some in our society who are so insecure that they feel the need to still blame White people for every perceived slight and injustice known to mankind, often while misconstruing the most harmless of words in the name of "Political Correctness". There are countless examples. Here is just one example that hits very close to home for me.

Until the day comes when people of all skin tones decide to rise up, band together in equality and love, and face the challenges that affect all of us as humans, nothing will ever change, and we will only delve deeper into the pits of despair.

• wha happened?
  • ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Whahappened,

Had you usually taken the time or energy to try to make useful, intelligent, or thought provoking posts on this site instead of your typical posts such as the one above, I might be more inclined to .............um, never mind. I bet you still laugh at the words pee pee, booby and potty. Don't worry though, it won't be as funny by the time you hit 12.

Thanks though!

• Scott77
    Scott77

I liked this video and its looks awesome. Thank you Barry for posting it. Iam surprised to see that there are no women singers. The lack of black people in Australia is largely due to government immigration policy. Very few are allowed to migrate to Australia. A few from Southern Sudan have been allowed to move Australia but their intergration into the mainstream of Australian society is still a problem. Alcoholism is a serious issue to these folks similar to Aboriginals. I visited Brisbane and the Gold Coast some years back and was suprised to see the lack of diversity in Australian society. The country boasts of a sizeable number of Asian immigrants especially chinese.

Scott77

• barry
    barry

Perhaps I should explain more clearly where I'm comming from. Maybe I should have titled this post " Are white people cold and unemotional'.

My Family is of English decent,.heard of the stiff upper lip? Any emotional reaction or affection between males is considered not appropiate. A hug with my own father would be awkward to say the least. Some members of my family have suffered with anxiety probably because of the culture. The question I asked was in the context of my background to a large degree. Someone here has said we can learn from each other and differences shouldn't be used as tools for establish racist positions. I would agree with that.

America has been a very successful melting pot for all races of people to live in harmony I agree. Australia was behind your great country in this respect because up until the 1970s Australia had the "white Australia policy" that only permitted whites of preferably english stock to immigrate here. That law has since the 1970 has been expunged from our laws and people of all races religions and creeds have come here to frorm a truely harmonious and multicultural society one of the best in the world where the number of interacial marrages is the highest in the world. So we have caught up fast after being way behind.

Anyway I beleive enough has been said and the reaction was not predicted by me.

I would like to remind people here of the other question i asked If I could which has been completly ignored.

For those of you members of churches other than the witnesses. What tradition does the wearing of the cassock and stole as seen on you tube originate? Most churches here are very casual now the SDAs wear a coller and tie as do the Anglicans.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Could any of my American friends inform me I showed it to my father who is a lay preacher and he was mistified as to what tradition this dress comes from but seems to be concentrated to th eblack community also?

Interesting how we all jumped on the thread title and missed this question, eh? I don't know the origins, but a quick check of wikipedia says: "The cassock derives historically from the tunic that in ancient Rome was worn underneath the toga and the chiton that was worn beneath the himation in ancient Greece." So I'd guess this tradition was handed down through the Roman Catholic Church.

• barry
    barry

Thanks Razziel, Because the SDA church is not much older than the witnesses they dont have a tradition of dressing up. The baptists are much older and for the most part their ministers wear street clothing.

barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit