It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"The message is all around and within us, it is just a matter of listening."

As an outsider to this belief, I must point out that believers disagree about the message and its details. This presents at least two possibilities:

(a) people hear what they want to hear

(b) God gives people a variety of different messages

• tec
    tec

A

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A

Given 'A', it's hard to understand why people get worked up over correct beliefs. Cults and Fundamentalists believe Salvation itself hinges on the details of dogma. Lone Ranger Christians and liberals are usually more convinced that unbelieving 'good people' will not go to Hell.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

tec "But too many people would rather BE served, and so they don't listen."

I think I have been rumbled.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I believe the Creator communicated to a man called Abraham because Abraham sought to listen and understand. Then Abraham taught his own decendants what heaven is and what it is doing. The knowledge was suppose to be progressive. That is why I think Christ came to save the house of Israel because truth had stopped being progressive.

Also it explains how "their way was corrupted" the days before "Noah" who may or may not be a real character and I don't care. There remained no one on the progressive way to accurate knowledge. (And that is possible.) That's what I think.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I believe the Creator communicated to a man called Abraham because Abraham sought to listen and understand.

What about the millions of people who lived and died before Abraham was born? Were they clueless about God's plan? Did God love them?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I'll play JW advocate here. Haven't they simply explained this as being part of the answer of the question of Universal Sovereignty and also Hebrews 24:15, resurrection of righteous and unrighteous.

Of course, that still doesn't explain Armaggedon and the killing of billions for rejecting JW's message.

• jay88
    jay88

tammy:(a) people hear what they want to hear

This is exactly what a Muslim would say to you.

• Lore
    Lore

So Abraham was a better teacher than god?

God just can't figure out how to convince people of stuff, he's too dumb superior to communicate with humans on a human level. So he has to find the select few who can understand his jibberish divine wisdom and tell THEM. Then those chosen people can go around translating it into something normal people can understand.

Basically if the supreme creator of the universe is just not capable of proving to me that he exists, what makes you think you're going to do any better? (Interestingly, you've already done better, since I'm already fairly certain that YOU exist. . .)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Lore, I liked your Blurpi story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit