California Most Hated State, According To Recent Poll

by Bangalore 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
  • designs
    designs

As a Californican I can say this is a beautiful State, our politicians dug us a pretty good financial hole along with the real estate speculators and mortgage fraudsters.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh, right, hated by people that don't live here. lololol.

• JRK
    JRK

I am from the rustbelt, and I love California. I wish I were there.

JK

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I moved to Indiana folks there asked me why. When I was about to leave to go back to California folks asked if they old come with me. Ya, California sure is hated alright.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Old news.

California haters have been around for decades. Then, they move there.

My ex-husband, born and raised in Washington state, is a classic example. Washingtonians used to very openly express their hatred of Cali, and he was right there with them. Guess who is building a home in So. Cal.?

I am a California native, and I have lived in three other states. None of them can compete with California.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I lived there but I dont think I would again.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

been here all my life. If I left the state I wouldn't stop at the Cali border

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Probably because California is one of the best known (or heard of) of all the states and there's a Hollywood prejudice that people associate with the state as a whole, particularly among those who have never even stepped foot in California.

• flipper
    flipper

I've lived in California all my life , for just over a half century ! I can say for a fact that we have some of the most beautiful coastline around, majestic mountains in the Sierra Nevada range , and beautiful lakes, streams, rivers, and forests. It's a beautiful place to live.

Now, our economy is a mess due to mismanagement of State government ( thanks Arnold ) , however there are some smaller town areas where housing costs, rentals or homes for sale are relatively cheap especially since the Real Estate market bottomed out. Job markets are tough in some areas and better in other areas. Big city areas like San Fransisco are very expensive to live in - yet smaller areas I have found lower cost of housing. One reason my wife and I live in a small town in the Sierra mountains.

Perhaps the reason California was voted " most hated state " is that they polled East coast responders ? Very strange. We get very seasonally warm and decent temperatures - not the drastic cold winters they get back East. I'll always live here ! I love it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit