Died and came back with memories !

by oldflame 49 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I was nearly dead a few times, and I saw nothing, like most people do. Does that mean I was viewing the nonexistent afterlife?

• journey-on
    journey-on

I read something one time that postulated that your consciousness might actually create your after life based on what you believe, consciously or subconsciously. If you believe in a fiery hell and you know you have lived a debauched life, when you die, your experience is what you believed.

If you believe in nothing after life, that's what you get....nothing.

• Mary
    Mary
    I was nearly dead a few times, and I saw nothing, like most people do. Does that mean I was viewing the nonexistent afterlife?

Oh come on....admit it. You simply fell asleep during the Watchtower study.

I truly don't have all the answers, but I'm open to the possibility that something survives the physical death.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

My dear Rebel, it simply means that god has not chosen you. Sorry.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I have to go out on a limb here and guess that OldFlame lives in the Central Valley of California. Bakersfield is my guess.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I have to go out on a limb here and guess that OldFlame lives in the Central Valley of California. Bakersfield is my guess.
    Just curious. Why?
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Because that is the mini bible belt in Cali.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oh...gotcha...

When I saw Bakersfield, Dwight popped into my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBaVUaHlZm8

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Kudos to Mary for saying what many of us probably wanted to say.

I believe in life after death. Our soul is our mortal human container inside which resides is our spirit, celestial energy, which is who we are, our consciousness. Your spirit is connected to this container via a silver cord or particulate energy.

NDEs and Astral Projection is where you temporarily leave your fleshly container and go travel or whatever that is why you can see yourself in the hospital bed, but you are still connected to your body via the cord.

I don't care whether anyone here believes it or not, this is what I believe, and no, it's not something that can be dissected under a microscope.

I remember someone telling me, that when you are close to death, your life flashes before your eyes, supposedly these are your memories being uploaded to your new "body", rather like packing and unpacking a suitcase.

1 Corinthians 15:36 " Foolish one! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies."

It is the mortal container that dies and just as the fallen angels shed their mortal containers to flee back into the spirit realm, people will be transformed to a spirit body in a similar way. Your fleshly container will die without your spirit giving it life-support, but you will be transformed into an incorruptible spirit body. That means that your new body will be beyond harm in the spirit realm for flesh cannot survive on the other side, it must die off during the transformation process.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I remember someone telling me, that when you are close to death, your life flashes before your eyes, supposedly these are your memories being uploaded to your new "body", rather like packing and unpacking a suitcase.

truthseeker I know someone that had this experience. That is exactly how he described it --- like memories being uploaded. It was fascinating to listen to him describe it in detail. It forever changed him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit