Died and came back with memories !

by oldflame 49 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Just n from Bethel , Cocaine ? Really ? Really ? a 91 year old Christian lady and you make accusations of Cocaine ? That maybe what you do but not this lady !

Razzier, Odd man thats all I can say ! LOL

Maksym, Thank You and God Bless you too !

Nathan , Man I expected better from you , You have been here as long as I have .

Sapphy , I think you missed something in her story , I believe that those kids were there to decieve the Spirit , I mean hey the devil will do anything including using children to decieve . In other words I believe that those children were actually demons !

Everyone else thank you for your replies .

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Thanks for sharing your story. I don't have any solid feelings for life after death, but don't look down on those that do

FS

• Mary
    Mary

A very interesting story Merrill; thanks for sharing it. Unfortunately, it is very rare to get a 'open' discussion on the topic of anything spiritual on this board anymore (unlike the old days) and unless you're a 100% confirmed materialist, you're viewed as being off your rocker or on drugs if you dare to agree with anything this isn't written by Richard Dawkins or can't be dissected in a lab under controlled studies. In other words, many are just as closed minded now as what they were when they were Witnesses; just for different reasons.

One of the most fascinating and compelling experiences I've heard on NDE's is what happened to Dr. Eben Alexander, a well established neurosurgeon who had always thought that people who had these experiences were either delusional or hallucinating and that when you died, that was it---the lights went out end of story. When he had his own NDE, it made him re-evaluate everything he had been taught about the human mind, consciousness and the afterlife. His story can be heard here.

• Lore
    Lore

I don't know why anyone would be offended if told that their brain might not be working at 100% capacity while they're DYING. . .

It shouldn't be offensive. Yeah I think she was hallucinating, but she was feverish, drugged and her brain was literally shutting down. Nobody should expect her to be thinking clearly at that point and she shouldn't be ashamed of what her brain was doing.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/articles013.html

There are reports of Chinese Buddhists having near-death experiences (Kellehear, Heaven, Gao, 1990). Becker (1981) has suggested that near-death experiences may have been responsible for part of the development of Pure Land Buddhism in China. A Hindu report of a near-death experience relates that the experiencer entered into heaven on the back of a cow (Ferris, 1991).

According to Mauro (1992), "East Indians [Hindus] sometimes see heaven as a giant bureaucracy, and frequently report being sent back because of clerical errors," whereas Japanese experiencers report seeing symbolic images, such as "long, dark rivers and beautiful flowers" (p. 57). During the near-death experience, the Buddhist experiencers have reported seeing the personage of Buddha, and Hindu experiencers report seeing Krishna

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for sharing oldflame. Looks like you have derived lots of comfort and reassurance in what you've been told. Good on you. You'll probably already know that not everyone draws the same conclusions as you regarding the memories. But that's okay. Whether you believe something or not is not dependent on others agreeing with you. Goodness knows the world is full of people who have differing beliefs on the very same event. That's what it is like to be human and seeking comfort and consolation.

It's very much like the days when I was absolutely convinced that the JWs had the "truth" and I would earnestly share it with my school friends who would quickly counter with their beliefs which were very different from mine. I'd feel deflated and discouraged. But that's what happens when anyone boldly shares their beliefs: It elicits in others their own beliefs and views that are dear to them.

Now that I'm much older, I roll with a lot of things that I once would have grabbed hold of and become upset. Our beliefs and views are often beyond argument - we hold them for deeper reasons but use surface reasoning to support them. Very human.

You have shared a positive heavenly view of the 'other' side. It means a lot to you and you felt moved to share it. On that basis alone I am happy for you. Go well.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I do not mind difference of opinion . First I will tell you that I was in pretty much the same shoes as all of you only I found out the lies before I got baptised . But I was considered as good as a witness as I was done with everything and awaiting the next big shindig to get baptised. This was many years ago as I first came to this site in 2001 . I left here and come back once in awhile to see who is if anyone still here from the past . I see many new faces here . So allow me to share my experiences here with you as I will and may not be back in a long time . You see I grew up several years ago and when I say that I mean grew up as having real truth and not some humdrum bunch of crap ! The Witnesses Way crap !

I have researched the Paranormal for over 30 years almost 40 years . It was not until recent shows on television that I decided to log my research on video and still photos as well as EVP'S ( Electronic Voice Recordings ) I added my website on my original post . I don't know if anyone went there to see the photos and if not maybe you should . My pictures are original and untouched .

My question to some of you is why are you kicking God to the curb for your own wrong doings ? It was you yourself who decided to be decieved , God did not cause you to fall into a crooked religion . Well God is still there for anyone who wants him and it is a relief to me knowing that when I die I am going to be safe as I know for a fact that there is life ater this one and this is not the end . The Spirit does not sleep with the body in the grave . Scripture says " To be away from the body is to be with the LORD !" I have seen them and I have spoken with them and I have real photos of them I have recorded voices also but not on the site I don't know how to do that !

But to each his own again it is yourselves who choose to kick God to the curb I guess the only question now is who are you going to blame when you are tormenting in Hell for Eternity ?

Please my apologies if I hurt anyone it is not my intentions I am just curious why ?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Let the war begin Not a fighter here just wanted to say I never kicked God to the curb. I feel more "Spiritual" then Religious. Plus not sure I had a real choice. Born in's don't choose. But ya when I was 18 I should have woken up. Took me a few

Oh and I am addicted to Ghost Whisper... I think that would be cool, but working at a hospital would probably make me crazzy. If there are ghosts I'm sure that place craws with them

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Good story, but it's too far fetched. But if that's your hobby and that's what you like doing. Be happy doing it.

• journey-on
    journey-on

oldflame, I very much appreciate your posting this. I have been interested in NDEs for many years ever since one of my close JW relatives experienced one. She recounted how she floated out of her body and up to the ceiling and watched her body as it lay unconscious, describing in detail observations all around her. Being a witness, she was left baffled at the experience.

No one really understands what consciousness is and "why" it is. There are varying levels of it, for sure, but it's so much more than we know. Science explains the how, but it has never been able to explain the why (try as it might).

Mary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit