Died and came back with memories !

by oldflame 49 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Friends,

I have a story to share with you and I hope that it does not bore you as it did just the opposite for me . After hearing what I was told I was so pumped up with Holy Spirit I thought I was going to crawl right out of my own skin . Here is the story .

I have some friends who moved to Canada about 4 or 5 years ago . I had not heard from them so I new he had some family here in town but I was not sure if they still were here as the economy has hit us really hard. So a couple of Sundays ago I decided to look in the phone book and see if any family was still listed in the book. I knew his father had died and died just before his exiting his family to Canada . They are originally Canadian citizens .

I found his fathers name in the phone book so I knew that this was his mom as his dad died. So I called and I knew his parents very well as I worked on many many jobs that Darrells dad worked on as I was the painter and his dad was a stucco man . I called and Mertyl answered and we talked for about 45 minutes or so about things that have happened over the last few years. And she gave me my friends phone number in Canada. We were about to close our discussion on the phone when she said Merrill (me) do you have some time I would like to share an experience with you . Now today Mertyl is 91 years old and has been a loving Christian for as long as I have known this family and in fact my friends is a pastor in his own church now. Anyway a very kind, very loving, very honest family that would give the shirt right off their backs for you.

I said sure Mertyl what do you want to talk about ? She said well you remembeer that Art (her husband) dies about 5 years ago and I replied yes I remembeer when that happened . She continued and said Art died on Sunday and we burried him on the following Thursday . On Friday my daughters had decided that I had been cooped up to long and I needed to get out so we all went to Oregon for a womens retreat . We live in California and Oregon is just a 2 hour drive .

She said they left on Friday and got there a little late so on Saturday the girls wanted to go do a massage pedicure facial thing and one daughter looked over at Mertyl and said you don't really want to do that do you mom ? Mertyl siad no not really I am a old woman . So the one daughter and Mertyl decided to go to the Mall and then a lunch together while the others go to the salon . After going to the Mall they decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch and they both order the same thing. Coconut Shrimp ! Saturday late afternoon they all go home and the daughter who had lunch with mom got sick and vomitted .

There was a bug going around and so she just thought she had got the bug and shortly after vomitting she felt better . Sunday rolls around and Mertyl starts to feel odd and going in and out of conscienceness , so she calls Darrell my friend and tells him he needs to come get her and take her to the hospital . When Darrell shows up he finds his mother in the garage unconscience . He picked her up and rushedd her to the hospital.

Mertyl ends uop in a coma and for almost six weeks in a coma . The Doctors could not find what was happening to her until about the end of the 6 weeks and then told her children that she had food poisioning and that because it took so long to find what was wrong that it had caused serious damage to her Colon and that she would only live for a day maybe two . When the children heard this of course they run to the hospital to be with their mom as she was soon to die . My freind Darrell shows up and his sisters are already there . While they were all standing around the bed the heart monitor goes blank and mom dies . Darrell leaves the Hospital as he is so hurt they just lost they're dad 6 weeks before .

Mertyl goes on to tell me that she was dead for 5 minutes and 45 seconds and is on the medical transcripts. This is what she seen after she died !

She said to me suddenly I could see myself on the hospital bed and I could see my kids screaming and crying slapping me telling me to stay . She did not realize why this was happening at first and the she looks up and she sees two paths . On one path is was short dirty and everything around the paths was dead and there was smoke coming out at the end of the path and she sees 2 children on this path and she yells at the kids and tells them not to go down that path it is a bad path . The next thing she sees as she was trying to save the kids 2 Angels appeared before her and her husband who had just recently passed . Each Angel was holding Arts hands and one let go of Art and took Mertyls hand and said to Mertyl " Lets go Mertyl it is time " She tells me she says to the Angel that she can't go yet as she has to save the children on that bad path . The Angel stopped looked at her and said Okay Mertyl and he picked up her spirit and layed her back into her body and then all of a sudden she sat up in her hospital bed and the kids were freaking out as she had been dead for over five minutes .

She says to me now this is what the Angels looked like . She said they were about 7 or 8 feet tall and very very masculine . Their hair was shoulder legnth and their wings were massive . I then asked her when you seen the angels were they flying or walking ? She said oh no Merrill they were flying .

A few months went by and my friend moves to Canada and she goes up there for a visit . She goes to see an old friend and the friend sits her down and had not yet heard what had happened to Mertyl and she says to Mertyl . " When I gave birth to my daughter I died and it is on the records that I died and I have never told anyone because I was afraid that everyone would call me crazy so I kept it to myself until now. She described the Angels she seen the same as what Mertyl had witnessed . Then Mertyl said well guess what ? I have a similiar story to share with you .

I was so pumped up with Holy Spirit after hearing this story that when we finally hung up I had to go outside to be alone for awhile . She believes that the two kids she seen were some of her kids . I have to disagree , I think that either I was one of those kids ? Or those kids are demons and are there to fake you out ! To make you thinnk that you are going down the right path when in reality your heading to hell ! I have known this family for almost 20 years, never done anyone wrong and some of the most loving Christians you will ever meet .

Friends I have been investigating the Paranormal for many years . I don't do it now as what I read in Duet. 10 , 11 - 18 but I can tell you that there is positively another life after this one . Biography channel has a show on called I survived beyond and back and you would be surprised how similiar everyones stories are . yes friends there is a God and there is a Christ and I implore you to seek out God and Christ as the times are here now , the Tribulation is about to begin, in fact in some ways we can say it is here . I expect to know who the anti christ is by the end of this year ! Get prepared not only Spiritually but get prepared for the collapse of the economy ! It's coming you can bet your pants on that one and we will soon see the Coming of the Son of Man, Jesus Christ .

If you want to see some of my ghost picture that I took myself go to www.myspace.com/shastaparanormal God Bless everyone I will pray for all of you will you please pray for me ? Remember what he said . Whenever there are two or more in my name ? I shall be there ! Amen praise God ! He is alive !

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

cocaine is a helluva drug

• Broken Promises
  • Razziel
    Razziel

This is actually a fear I have, and reminds me of an episode of Tales From the Crypt. Not all people lose consciousness immediately after they are "dead". I believe there are some examples such as the French Revolution, of people getting their head chopped off and still responding to people calling their name for a couple of minutes. Physiology is different in everyone, and I fear many people may go on to experience some form of consciousness and physical pain many hours after they have "died", even if in some hallucigenic state.

Personally, I occasionally have problems with sleep paralysis. My mind is aware, but my body is paralyzed in the normal sleep cycle. This is a scary phenomenon. Hallucinations happen frequently. People are in my bedroom who aren't really there. Sometimes they talk to me. I almost always get a feeling of either dread or euphoria. But it's not real. When I was a JW I thought it was demons attacking me. Now I know better. Thankfully I discovered a trick to get myself out of that state very quickly and cause my body to wake up.

• maksym
    maksym

God bless you Oldflame,

That story is inspirational. I hope you family is doing well now. Thank you for that story.

May Christ shine His light on you and grant you great mercies.

Peace

Maksym

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A great story, but with music and better costumes it could be even better. People love stories, don't they?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if people of the Muslim faith who have a similar experience "see" The Prophet Muhammad and people of the Hindu faith "see" Vishnu or one of their gods and if it happened to me I would "see" the Flying Spagetti Monster ?

I would lay money that all these experiences are closely linked to a persons cultural and religious background.

Marvellous experience to have though, it must change you no end.

• carla
    carla

Just google near death experiences and there are 2 sites with many, many stories much like the woman had and some very different. You can read about nde's from Christians, Hindu, etc... there is a questionaire at the end for the person and you can read how or if it has changed the way the person lives their life now and how it has or has not affected their religion.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Just google near death experiences and there are 2 sites with many, many stories much like the woman had and some very different. You can read about nde's from Christians, Hindu, etc... there is a questionaire at the end for the person and you can read how or if it has changed the way the person lives their life now and how it has or has not affected their religion.

The same could be said of studies in which subjects were administered Psilopsybin (magic mushrooms) at Johns Hopkins University.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/press_releases/2006/07_11_06.html

In the study, more than 60 percent of subjects described the effects of psilocybin in ways that met criteria for a “full mystical experience” as measured by established psychological scales. One third said the experience was the single most spiritually significant of their lifetimes; and more than two-thirds rated it among their five most meaningful and spiritually significant. Griffiths says subjects liken it to the importance of the birth of their first child or the death of a parent.

Great news, huh? If you want to get really spiritual and see some stuff that will enhance your relationship with the nether realm, you no longer have to wait for God to almost kill you.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

So children go to hell, but angels let you pop back to save them. Cool.

I blame Red Lobster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit