Why did you become one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Celestial 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea it did seem so utopian. I really bought into it.

• Celestial
    Celestial

Why do I feel my inquiry presses buttons?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was shown a picture in the Paradise Book of being able to play with lions in the New System as I was exiting the womb.

Rub a Dub

• yknot
    yknot

Because you want it too.....

I dunno, you did def do some blasting on another thread....

No worries, you are finding your feet here....

More the merrier

huggles and welcome

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

No choice, mang.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Celestial!

Presenting a compelling picture of how we can be right with God, I guess would appeal to many especially at a time of crisis.

Not knowing the gospel which invites us to accept IMPUTED righteousness, holiness, sinlessness and perfection (as free unmerited gifts) we are vulnerable to the false and apostate alternative reality presented by all religion:

self-righteousness by means of pursuing the "right" rules (legalism), morals (moralism), doctrines (ethnocentrism) and knowledge (Gnosticism). This necessarily leads to spiritual captivity, blindness, confusion, inebriation, insanity and abuse.

BTW I was a third generation born-in with no prior alternate reality to refer to.

• just Ron
    just Ron

Finally Awake's uncle became a witness because he met a witness girl who wouldn't date him unless he studied and got baptized. So he did, and they got married. They are still together 50 years later, and they are both still uber-witnesses as far as we can tell.

• finally awake
    finally awake

On my own computer again I was pregnant with our first kid, and I was really looking to build a support network. We were still fairly new to the area and didn't really have any close friends or relatives nearby. Having been exposed to the idea that the dubs were this worldwide brotherhood who would drop everything to help each other, I was really attracted to that. And the love bombing that goes on until after you are baptized really played on my need to belong and be accepted.

• talesin
    talesin

Why do I feel my inquiry presses buttons?

Seriously? of course it presses buttons,,, these are people who left a cult.

Welcome to the board!

talesin

• designs
    designs

Like leavingwt said, young and my mother wanted to become active again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit