Why did you become one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Celestial 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Lucky vagina I guess. Being a born in takes the choice away.

Mmmmm, that would make an interesting T-shirt to wear to District Conventions.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I got baptized just in case it was true although I knew in the back of then teenage mind that it wasn't. Of course, I didn't understand the difficulty and consequences of leaving at the time since I really just a kid at the time.

For the teenagers that might be reading this or for you bible studies, when they say its your choice and you can leave whenever you want they don't tell you about the small print that goes along with getting baptized into the Jehovah's Witness religion. They use the scripture that you can choose the blessing or the malediction...choose the blessing by not getting baptized.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I had been exposed to it as a kid by a friend from school. My mother started studying and I wanted to join her. I stopped when I was 16. After I got married six years later, I went back because I kept thinking I would die at Armageddon. I thought getting baptised would help me stay in my struggling marriage. It didn't.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I was born-in but did not become a Jehovah.

The BS was just too much to swallow, especially as I moved into my teen years when I luckily began realizing it wasn't adding up... literally and figuratively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit