More anti-apostate rhetoric from the Watchtower - are they running scared?

by cedars 90 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD, if the society didn't produce that video, then who did? Apart from the tacky use of Times New Roman, it looked pretty professionally done to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they had their hand in it. They've done short infomercials before to defend their blood policy, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if they have now decided to start dabbling in YouTube and engaging apostates on their own turf. Judging by recent articles, they're certainly desperate enough...

Cedars

• finally awake
    finally awake

OOOOHHHH NNNOOOO APOSTATE COOTIES!!!!

Finally Awake (of the contagious class)

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I think it is of better quality than they are capable of producing....

• Londo111
    Londo111

I thought it was a parody...

• Simon
    Simon

They pick and chose the bits of the bible that suit them dont they!

I wonder how they 'explain' what this verse means:

http://bible.cc/1_peter/3-15.htm

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, I don't know who produced it, but there are three reasons I don't believe it was done by the WTBTS:

1. The person that posted it, KingdomHallOfJws, has made a bunch of animated videos all lampooning the WTBTS;
    2. The message is too subtle for them. Although the society makes a practice of manipulation through implication and innuendo using the propaganda of loaded language, they are rarely if ever subtle. They like their messages, especially concerning the internet and apostates, to be clear, very clear; and,
    3. The copyright info at the end is wrong. The society would NEVER make that mistake.

The video says at the end "This message brought to you by The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society New York Inc"

If this corporation WAS the one that produced this video, then it should read:

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

Notice that there is a comma missing after "New York" and there is no period after "Inc" on the video. Also the word "copyright" and/or the little copyright symbol "©" and the year are missing.

The society may not know what the word "generation" means, but they are always very careful to get their copyright info correct.

Finally, while the WTBTS of NY, Inc. is the PUBLISHER of most WT items, the WTBTS of Pennsylvania is generally listed as the COPYRIGHT holder:

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization headquartered in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, United States. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses, often referred to as "The Society". It holds the copyrights of most literature published by Jehovah's Witnesses.

For example, on their official website, the copyright info at the bottom of the home page reads:

© 2012 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.

Check the inside cover of the latest WT rags and you'll see the same thing.

So, although I don't know who made the video, I'm fairly certain who didn't.

00DAD

• Mary
    Mary
    We are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates

Well, that part is actually true from their point of view. Because when a Witness talks to an 'apostate' about something like say the blood doctrine, it is fairly easy to prove that the scriptures the Borg uses to support this crap, has been completely taken out of context and was referring to dietary laws. Since they have nothing to retort with, they "are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates" simply because they can't.

And yes, they're running scared. They are losing a lot of members and there's no stemming the flow of those heading towards the exit door. Still viewing the world through the eyes of a Charles Dickens character, they haven't a clue how to deal with the problem so they just keep repeating "ignore the man behind the curtain", with the hope that someone might actually pay attention to them.

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD - Thanks for that comprehensive explanation. I think the video is a little too hard-hitting to be a parody - so I'm curious as to why KingdomHallOfJWs has posted it on his/her YouTube channel. Also, even if the Society didn't make it themselves, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a "black ops" budget to assist willing and capable apologists to make videos to that standard on their behalf. Like I said - they're getting desperate enough to try anything now.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars - I didn't mean to suggest it was a parody, in fact I find the message of the video to be rather obtuse. It's just that the poster's other vids are all anti-WT so it would seem inconsistent to expect that he'd post a genuine WT produced anti-apostate video.

So you think that the Society has a "black-ops" operation going on. That's just paranoid enough to be true!

I for one don't believe in undercover operations.

00DAD

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Odd video, indeed.

Seems to be using a kind of reverse psychology, though, like "STOP THINKING ABOUT PINK ELEPHANTS!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit