Goodbye, everyone.

by Chemical Emotions 74 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

By Gawd, I'm leaving, Josie. And you can't stop me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Lmao! Just got back from dinner and I see this. Thanks for the laugh Dinah.

• tec
    tec

they say things and have opinions I don't agree with (love ya tec n n.drew)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Perhaps we have been trained that when conflict arises, the best option is just to quit talking. We come from a cult that shuns. But the person that will suffer most is the person that closes off communication. People will offend us---they actually have that right. It's part of freedom. But there is no need to cut yourself off from help and understanding because a few people offend you. It's silly and an overreaction. It puts everyone in a position of apologizing for what they have not done.

This was not the first insult, it will not be the last. That's just the way it is. Calm down, take a break, confront the people. But in the end, don't deny yourself something valuable because you are hurt. All growth and change hurts. If you face up to it, you will get stronger. People are just people, no need to demonize. Just accept it and move forward.

NC

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Thank you, everyone. Almost all the responses on here were so kind. I feel like crying (in the good way)! I may respond to this a few more times. Then, I will stay off this site for awhile, until I feel a little stronger. Maybe I can bring myself to come back in a few months. I really do like this site. Again, thank you. The advice on this thread was great.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

CE---feeling the sting of an insult can be powerful. You'll settle down. It's never easy. You are making a good decision. I don't think it will take you months. This will feel smaller and more manageable in no time. And each time it happens, it will get easier. As you grow more confident, it will affect you less and less. Soon you'll be rolling your eyes and saying "WHATEVER". Because you won't give away so much of your power. Take a few breaths. Build a few calluses. It will be fine.

NC

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Thanks, NC. :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

C.E I agree whole heartedly with NC,I just perused your New Topic thread and feel overall you enjoyed and ,got a lot out of this forum.So just take a break ,come back in your own good time and try not to take negative views of your comments personally.Of course we are all going to have different viewpoints,when we put pen to paper it doesnt always come out exactly the way we meant it ,and some can take exception to that ,then again we arent always as tactfull as we could be,we are just human.Maybe we just need to give each other a bit of slack

take care

smiddy

• JRK
    JRK

CE,

F the F'ing F'ers.

It is cool.

JK

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

CE,

YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE HERE.