Goodbye, everyone.

by Chemical Emotions 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Chemical, don't worry about those that hurt you, rejoice in those that help you.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I am sorry that you are hurting. I hope you change your mind and decide to stay on here. Please know that even when people here speak harshly, they want to help you.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

What happened now? I swear there truly are some dicks on this message board. They call themselves dispensing tough love, when the reality is they're just being pricks. There's a couple people on here had I been within arms length of, would have definately provided a thorough chin checking.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

LoL misery, I'd love to see that.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Sizemik and Talesin,

• Witness My Fury
  • caliber
    caliber

Three reasons people are generally ignorant towards others ..

1) you are a threat to them 2) they hate themselves (projection )

3) they actually want to be like you

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((chemical emotions ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just believe in yourself ................ always

• Violia
    Violia

I am sorry you are leaving too. I am afraid you will find this board a lot like life- a lot of folks with different opinions . The board is nice and mostly civil. Just b/c someone says something you don't agree with does not make them 'not nice' . If you are a teenager this board may not be the place for you . I wonder, do we have a board for teens and younger folks? That might be an avenue someone might want to explore. Sounds like a great new idea for a website! after all even in the Borg young folks got their own book and you do have special concerns.

anyone want to start a new website?

XJWs young people ask?

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

I don't really know who you are or anything of the story, but I will chime in anyway:

This can be a rough place.

But....

The world is a rough place.

It can also be a great place.

Do you want to miss out on the good things just because some people hurt your feelings?

Consider sticking around and just ignoring the people with whom you don't agree.

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Also, you will NEVER get the understanding you need here because it's impossible for ANYONE to understand what it's like to be you ----- esp. electronically! So people give cookie cutter advice not knowing that the cookies don't really fit your situation and the next thing you know, you're feeling all kinds of misunderstood, unappreciated, etc.

Been there.

Take everything anyone says or writes WHO DOES NOT PERSONALLY KNOW YOU WELL with a grain of salt.

Finally, be a bit more understanding. Is it really fair to expect strangers to give you the love and attention you need so badly? No, it's not. And of course these strangers are going to fall short.

Learn to love and nourish yourself. Do what it takes to develop the skill of self-nurturing and self-love.

And I know you're going to get pissed off at this advice, too - but it's actually really good advice, considering I"m a stranger. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit