If You Could See ANY Musical Group or Singer Of ANY Generation Who Would It Be?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'd love to have seen The Who doing Tommy and Quadraphenia.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

K.C. and the Sunshine Band in the mid and late 70's. Harry Wayne Casey has that infectious smile. And he makes me dizzy.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

James Taylor, John Lennon, Joni Mitchell, XTC, Love Spit Love, The Specials, The Dandy Warhols, INXS, The Notting Hillbillies, and I really would love to see MORPHINE! These are some I have NOT seen.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Billie Holiday

Hank Williams

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The beatles, the mothers of invention, Frank zappa, the original stones, The stones with Wyman, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix experience

The Hollies with Graham Nash, Buffalo Springfield, Freddie King, the Small faces. Deep Purple with Blackmore, Gillian, Pace, Lord and Glover.

The Original Blue Oyster Cult.

• 00DAD
  • undercover
    undercover

Concerts were the one thing I never really took heed on as far as the WTS was concerned. I went to pretty much any show I wanted to, except Sabbath.

The one group that I would have liked to have seen in my youth that I didn't get to though: The Stones 68-72. Saw em in the 80s but I would've loved to have seen them in their prime.

I never saw the Beatles either but since they quit touring in 66, when screaming girls were still drowning out the PA system (and before the band even had stage monitors), I don't think any of their shows would have been satisfying from a sound perspective.

I think it would be cool to take the wayback machine and see the nightclub acts of the Rat Pack of the 50s, the early rock n roll shows of the 50s (Cash, Presley, Lewis, Orbison), and the early days of country music. From the Carters to Williams to all the early pioneers of the genre. The war time boogie woogie shows would also be cool to experience.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A group of singers doing the "Song of Solomon" to the music of Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine of My Life"

Rub a Dub

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Alessandro Moreschi

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The stranglers

Sex Pistols

Motorhead

zep but only on their 1st tour. They played clubs and really tried hard in concert. Afterwards they were just a bloated mess

Young Eric Clapton

The Jeff Beck group

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit