If You Could See ANY Musical Group or Singer Of ANY Generation Who Would It Be?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It ain't the same without Maurice.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree MrsJ

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Nick Drake

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Niccolò Paganini or Liszt Ferencz (aka Franz Liszt)

• sizemik
    sizemik

Easy question . . .

Hendrix . . . anywhere, anytime.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Gee sizemik, you're confusing me.

I'd have thought you'd have said Ritchie Blackmore!!!

Does this mean you're going to be changing your avatar?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I would love to have seen Elvis when he first started out and also the Beatles in the Cavern Club.

I have seen Sinatra at the Royal Albert Hall and that to me was just a lifetimes experience just so fantastic .

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I must vote for the Beatles at Shea, 1965. My father hated John Lennon-even back when. It is something to watch my memorabilia and see such clean, nicely attired boys. My father thought Lennon was Satan personified. I was in 7th grade and lived in northern Jersey. if they were playing Madison Square Garden or Yankee Stadium, I would have known how to get there but Shea was new. No Witness events. My father locked me up in the house. He made me turn off my transistor radio. Other girls had parents who bought brokered tickets.

I saw all of the Beatles in various concerts but never as a whole. Strangely, the same father took me to JFK to see Paul and John arrive to promote Apple Corps. Linda Eastman sold me photos. She was incredibly older than the 12 and 13 year olds so she stood out. The photos were home photos. Better than anything the Fan Club sent me.

I saw most of the other big groups at the Filmore East or the Garden. One of my prized souvenirs are some rose petals that Mick Jagger threw out to the audience at the Garden in the mid 1960s. I started out in heaven with the seats I could barely afford and worked my way down to about 2' from Mick.

Rock concerts are still my favorite activity. They were more fun when there was a counterculture. It was a real gathering of the tribe. All is commercial and trite today. Shea Stadium attendance confers great status.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I'd have thought you'd have said Ritchie Blackmore!!!

Ritchie would come and watch too.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

sizemik, thanks for clarifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit