If You Could See ANY Musical Group or Singer Of ANY Generation Who Would It Be?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never saw the King, live, in concert. If I could've I would have wanted to see Elvis. I rarely listen to him but it would been great to see him in his prime.

And I would've loved it if I could have seen the 60's versions of the Temptations!

Who or what group would be on your list???

• finally awake
    finally awake

The Grateful Dead in the late 60's

• just Ron
    just Ron

Hank Willams senor, Patsy cline, Richy vallens, Elvis the pelvis, Jimmy Hendrix, Pink Floyd and the list goes on and on and on

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I would go see Metallica or Iron Maiden!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Beatles, August 15, 1965, Shea Stadium, Queens, NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzNVFshL-Ew

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A little known post punk pop band from Ireland called the Starjets.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Led Zeppelin.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

You know I've never been to a concert, ever? Crazy, right?

I would have liked to see the Nashville Teens perform Tobacco Road live one time.

There's an old band called, The Sound, which was every bit as good as U2, but just never caught on. The lead singer, Adrian Borland, committed suicide partly due to a lack of success, his own demons, and poor mental health. I would have loved to hear them live in person.

Would have loved to see Biggie during the Ready to Die days. He was raw as ever back then. I would have loved to have seen Wu-Tang during the Forever days because between that album and their debut, nothing was as beautiful.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't usually see groups in live performances because, for the money, I could go out and buy several of their albums and listen to them whenever I feel like it. But I would have a few in mind:

In the 1960s: Beatles, Rolling Stones, Doors

1970s: Stevie Wonder, Elton John (yes, his music was much better in the 1970s and 1980s before he went to rubbish), The Jackson Five.

1980s: Michael Jackson, Genesis, Madonna (that was when she was in her prime).

1990s: TLC--especially once Waterfalls came out

All-time: Led Zeppelin.

Of course, it makes more money sense for me to go out and buy their box sets, since that way I would be able to organize the songs as I want. Sometimes it even makes sense to go out and get original albums--or cuts thereof. This includes Michael Jackson's Thriller. One album I really need to get cuts off is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon--before ACTA takes full effect.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many different Pink Floyd concerts have been legendary. I would have loved to see some of those. To pick one, THE WALL in 1980.

The Who at Leeds, 1970. Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden, 1973. Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock in 1969. Elton John in 1980, all decked in his flair doing "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting," "Pinball Wizard," "Bennie and the Jets" and "Tiny Dancer." The Rolling Stones in the early 1980's. Apparently, there was a concert where The Fabulous Thunderbirds and ZZ Top opened for them in Texas. Maybe Simon and Garfunkle in NYC's Central Park. A tour of U2. Not sure if their latest or their earlier tours would be better. Probably their legendary 20-minute rooftop concert in Los Angeles in 1987 which led to the video "Where The Streets have No Name." One of Cher's "farewell tours." Something completely different: Michael Jackson's BAD tour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit