If You Could See ANY Musical Group or Singer Of ANY Generation Who Would It Be?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The Police, Day on the Green - 1984

• iarts
    iarts

Genesis - Peter Gabriel era.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Since my favorite band is still alive and kicking (Rush) I'll pick John Bonham/Led Zepplin

I have been a drummer for most of my adult life, and oddly never got into John Bohnam/Led Zepplin. Now as I "widen my interests", I find playing his grooves quite challenging.

Or maybe Jeff Porcaro/Toto. Another excellent player with challenging grooves to play.

Then I'll add Buddy Rich to this list. I dont think I have to say anything about him...

I know.. you asked about singers/bands... I just decided to substitute drummers just for my own .02 worth... :)

• JeffT
    JeffT

What's funny for me is the number of bands on this list that I've seen: Doors, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, The Who. Nobody's mentioned Cream or CSNY but they put on great shows.

If I could get in the way back machine I'd see the first public performance of Beethoven's 9th. He was stone deaf at the time and when it ended one of the soloists had to turn him around to face the audience so he would know they were giving him a standing ovation. A couple of years ago my wife and I saw the Seattle Symphony perform it, awesome show.

• designs
    designs

We recently saw Tony Bennett in concert and he was great, Stevie Wonder came on stage and sand Happy Birthday to him!

• sir82
    sir82

Grnt Aethelred - he was THE BOMB in 1058 London. He was doing Gregorian chant before Gregorian chant was cool.

• flipper
    flipper

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd I would have loved to see live. 3 of my favorite groups. I did see Paul McCartney live in the fall of 2005 as my son treated me to a concert we saw together with Paul and his band. Awesome show ! Three and a half hour show 40 songs ranging from lots of Beatles songs to McCartney's songs. Best show I ever saw live ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• watson
    watson

A certain rooftop in London, 1969, would be fine.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jethro Tull in 1978

Butch Walker right now

• minimus
    minimus

In the 70's I saw Earth Wind & fire many times. They were electrifying! If you see them now, they're more like a Vegas act.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit