What did you/do you think about at the meetings?

by tornapart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

If you still go or remember the days when you did what did you think about while you were sat there? Obviously it's very difficult to concentrate.. LOL..assemblies I find impossible and have often drifted off to sleep, listening to the endless same old stuff..

And I want some funny stories..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Mostly I thought about cleavage.

W

• bildad
    bildad

How cold....warm.....wet.....dry is it outside? .....and where are we going to eat????

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Sex mostly.

• tornapart
    tornapart

you got to all be guys LOL

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I haven't been much in ages, but toward the end I would think about what a terrible waste of precious time it was. And I would try to use the time to make plans in my head or think up new ideas. But sometimes the sheer stupidity of what was being discussed made it hard to concentrate on anything worthwhile.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

If we were gonna stop for ice cream on the way home.Also Id watch people pick their noses and scratch themselves in private places.Thought about John Denver rescuing me...And hippies..About how cool they were.Id draw hippies in the back of my books.My parents questioned it once,I told them that I was drawing apostles...

• blondie
    blondie

I actually started READING the bible, not WTS selected verses, but in context. I especially read parts about women, where I learned about Deborah and Abigail who did not fit the WTS role. I concentrated on the Gospels and found that the Jesus there did not match the WTS picture, in fact the WTS repeated Jehovah over and over and Jesus was hardly mentioned. One evening I actually discovered Acts 1:8 where Jesus said his followers would be HIS witnesses not God's.

I looked like I was participating using the Bible and making notes. One elder did mention that I seemed to be using the bible "too much" but I just told him I was using the cross reference. I asked to tell me what the title of the talk was without looking at the information board....he walked away the, he had been talking to another elder all during the talk (back when they were 45 minutes long).

• cantleave
    cantleave

Towards the end I had so many assignments I spent most of my thinking about what I was going to say or analysing what I said.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am convinced the only way many elders manage to endure the meetings is because of all the faffing about doing stuff and giving talks so they don't actually need to listen to most of it, especially the habitual skiving attendants at conventions. How sisters put up with it year in year out I do not know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit