What did you/do you think about at the meetings?

by tornapart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was devout in the past. Always had a part to prepare for and worry about delivering it well.

More recently, planning the rest of my week's activities. [Yawn]

DOC

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Looked at the opposite sex, thought about what I needed to do at home after the meeting.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Growing up in rural WI usually involved one Sunday a month traveling to another congregation (at 100 miles away) so my father could give his famous discourse - A Godly View of Sex and Marriage. Do you think any congregation could request a different talk?

Talk about years of humiliation... Your father up on stage talking about menstruation (which he made into 5 syllables) and birth control.

What was I thinking about ....Just kill me.

• jws
    jws

Talk about years of humiliation... Your father up on stage talking about menstruation (which he made into 5 syllables) and birth control.

Maybe that's why they called in an outsider. Nobody in their hall had to face all the people they knew and talk about it. In that area, maybe I heard your father too.

My dad's was Paul's journeys before the days of Powerpoints with projectors. He hauled around this big easel type thing with a map on it and lines denoting his travels.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I would look out the window and see cars drive by .............

thinking I wish I was there right now.........

I Hated MEETINGS and would Pray for help to love them like everyone else did..................

The Guilt for hating meetings was Huge...........

But all I did was think............

ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I counted the ceiling tiles. It was excruciating. When I was young and the speakers said "God is here," I started to investigate places, such as closets, air vents b/c I did not see God. Yet they said he was present. I thought they had special adult eyesight and I only had kid's eyesight.

The brothers were not educated which has nothing to do with being a good Christian. I would read the lit, hoping to find them making boo-boos. Some nights I was certain I could not survive. I wanted to move around so much. It was all garbage to me. Oh, I also watched the welfare family girls dressed up so much better than I was.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

when i started to find out the 'truth' about 'the truth', i spent the meetings reading the bible and my kingdom interlinear making notes. i think that ki looked amost apostate to some and a few ask me what i was reading. loads of bro's/sis' didn't know this was actually a wts-book. :-p sometimes when i got really cheeky i had a book with me, for example 'paul's idea of community' and i even think i gave a commence using this book during the bookstudy about women in paul's time. ;-) they basicly loved everything i said so never a bad comment about that.

but most of the times i was soooo pissed off and sometimes almost in tears, because of the things i heared and read. i spent a lot of time on the toilet, putting my head against the cold tiles or going upstairs to pray...

i'm so glad i haven't been to a meeting in 1,5 years, it makes my blood boil thinking back about those times. :-(

• Twitch
    Twitch

As a kid, I thought about kid stuff, 'course. Star Wars figured prominently for a time and I'd sketch space battles on whatever, lol. I'd watch other people and how they portrayed themselves and interacted. I'd wonder what makes them the way they are and would imagine their daily lives. I'd go over number stuff in my head, like times tables, basic geometry, etc and would think about number problems. I'd replay movie scenes I liked and "jam" with songs I'd heard. Sometimes I'd make up my own song in my head.

As a teen, I thought about girls.

Then I left ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit