What did you/do you think about at the meetings?

by tornapart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I would check the sisters out, think about Fallout (videogame), at the assemblies I'd think about where we would go out to eat lol and when I started dating all I thought about was having sex with my girlfriend

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

depends on what stage. Early days newly baptized, I took notes at the meetings. Last months of attending, making fun of the stupid analogies used by the speaker. Also what I might have for lunch

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Sometimes I wondered if anyone would talk to me after the meeting. Sometimes no one did. Not funny but true.

I always seemed to be going up to ppl before and after the meetings, but it didn't seem as though anyone came to me. So I decided to do an experiment. One meeting, I stayed in my seat, seeing if anyone would come up to me, or at least say hello when passing by. No one did. I did this on a few occasions with the same results. It helped me leave more quickly than I might have.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I took a Classical Hebrew course, and read my Bible in Hebrew. It irritated the hell out the elders.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

About throwing rotten eggs at the person on the podium, particularly every time they announced that someone was a new publisher or that people were auxiliary pious-sneering that month. Another volley of rotten eggs for announcements that they were planning a new Kingdumb Hell that they didn't need.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The last few I attended I had a constant thought going round in my head it was:

"I really do not want to be here" . Very soon , I wasn't.

• designs
    designs

The last few years I went to the KH I would bring a different Bible, usually the New Jerusalem with its footnotes, and just read it helped pass the time.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Sex. Where am I going to go to eat after this? I wonder if I can arrange a pick-up game of football or basketball this afternoon? Sex. This has got to be the worst speaker ever. Seriously, this guy actually qualifies to travel to other congregations? How impressive for the group of university students that came here as part of their religious studies project to hear such a fine discourse as this one. Really.....he can't find the book of Psalms? I wonder if anyone will notice that I am getting up to go to the bathroom for the second time now? I really don't want to give 2 comments but I've been told by the elders that to get more "privleges" I need to go beyond just commenting once or twice. That sucks. Sex again. Man....Brother Stank has really bad breath. Ya know....you'd think the P.O. would choose somebody OTHER than Brother Gravy Stain on my Tie and mud on my shoes to be the welcoming attendant. Hmmmm.....if I were to come across a bag of marijuana.....what would I do with it? Would I turn it in to the police? Would I just throw it away? Would I smoke it? Sex. Sex while smoking marijuana. No.....no. That's going to far.....drugs are illegal. There. I've made up my mind. I wouldn't smoke it. I'd just ignore it. Yep. Uh oh.....I think he's wrapping up the talk. Better start clapping.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

LOL at Outsmart !

I began to realise about two years before I stopped going that there was no true spiritual content at all, everything was a rehash of what was written in WT lit. somewhere, and if ever the Bible was mentioned, it was obvious that nobody had a grasp of context, or even what the verse or verses thay were taking out of context seemed to be saying !

It was/is a spiritual desert, I too had thoughts like Outsmart above, to pass the time.

• tornapart
    tornapart

ROFL!! Outsmart!... Brilliant.. that's the best yet! ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit