WTF? Steven Untank's money accounts suddenly closed!!

by mind blown 134 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

LOL

size just noticed it

• cedars
    cedars

Sizemik:

Is the misspelling in this thread title a Freudian slip or what?

I was wondering myself about that. My theory is that mind blown might be Irish!

It's great to have you back by the way.

Cedars

• Listener
    Listener

Personally I don't like PayPal at all. I opened an account with them approving deposits only and transfers to my personal bank account. Several months later they sent several emails stating that I would need to approve further authorities on my account, in particular, to allow transfers from my personal account to PayPal. I didn't agree with this and sent several emails to them stating that I would not give this approval. They would not respond to any of my emails so I sent them several emails asking them to close my account, they ignored them also. So I no longer use them and will not in the future. There was a stage when fake emails were being sent out that looked like they were from PayPal so I made sure that any emails to them were using the correct email address. I felt powerless, having dozens of emails totally ignored and makes me very suspicious of them.

Dealing with Paypal is not like dealing with an ordinary Australian Bank.

In Australia there is a lot of competition between the banks and they have improved greatly on the service they provide. The call centres aren't always that helpful (because they are not knowledgeable and are restricted to some degree). The staff at the branches are very good and know how to get to the bottom of things. The banks here have and are being sued for all sorts of things, en-masse and usually in relation to fees they charge. The Government says it is 'cracking down' on them to make sure they do the right thing by the customers. We also have an independant bank ombudsman that will deal with any issues when the customer feels they are not getting anywhere.

Steven Unthank has a right to know why the Westpac Bank froze his monies and it should be a very easy matter of finding out how it happened. In his blog he says he is satisfied with what the bank had done and how they rectified it but does not explain how the problem came about in the first place. It would seem that he does not want to, or cannot, share the reason with the public. There is no reason why Steven Unthank would not be able to find out why it happened.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Cheers . . . I'm fresh back from the battle front. Been fighting city hall.

• mind blown
    mind blown

yes..... I realized it after and am a bit bummed because it's not really a laughing matter....

• cedars
    cedars

Don't worry about it mind blown, it's nothing really. Well done for flagging this issue, I appreciate it.

Cedars

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

what cedars said

• mind blown
    mind blown

Oh...not bummed at you guys.....just bummed at myself for the error....

• sizemik
    sizemik

Steven had a friend with muchos dolares in Westpac who accompanied him and threatened to close all his accounts. The funds were immediately returned. Money talks . . . but it cuts both ways. Good ol' Steven . . . fight fire with water LOL.

mind blown . . . Stevens not too worried . . . he got his $$$'s back. He's fighting bigger battles. He's philosophical about this one. But he's keen to expose such things . . . good post.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

FWIW, I didn't notice the spelling mistake until it was pointed out.

The information in the original post is enough to take all of your attention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit