WTF? Steven Untank's money accounts suddenly closed!!

by mind blown 134 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sizemik
    sizemik

Might be worth a look . . .

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Recently there was a case here where Paypal deducted money from an account because a credit card payment had been reversed . . . 4 months after the trade. The seller lost the goods and the money. It turned out the fraudulent card user was the cardholders sister . . . nice work paypal.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Soft+gentle, who said...

many have been suggesting that mr unthank use a lawyer but he insists on representing himself and whats more he insists on representing himself according to how, in his view, the society represents itself.

This really isn't a case where a private citizen would "use a lawyer," as if it was a civil case. It is a criminal case, and a prosecution is underway. In Australia one way a criminal case can be brought to court is for a private citizen to do the investigative work, at his own expense, and take his evidence to court. Steven Unthank has done this.

Plus only one case appears to be in motion and still the police have not made any charges against the Traralgon congregation - this speaks volumes.

One case, against the Traralgon congregation? Hardly. Five separate Watchtower entities are involved here (all itemized several times in this forum) that are charged with 7 criminal counts each. That's a total of 35 criminal charges that Unthank has been successful in bringing against the Watchtower Society. There have been 4 court appearances to date, and all 35 criminal charges are still in place at this time.

I'm not saying Mr Unthank is being dishonest but I will say he is being very naive and he appears to be unable to interpret what is required legally - this is understandable as he does not have legal training.

In reality his work has been amazing. He has done what very few have done. His interpretation of the law has been exemplary.

Mr Unthank please let the state prosecutor take on the case without strings attached.

"...let the state prosecutor take on the case???" That is exactly what he has been trying to do for months now, and he will be delighted and relieved if they do.

Are you sure you have all the facts about what's been going on? Your take on the case seems to be a little skewed.

• cedars
    cedars
    bang on cue, cedars, with one of your stock one dimensional replies to me
    afraid I really cannnot stay to be an audience as I do have others things to do.

You see what I mean? One final pathetic parting shot, and off she goes into oblivion - until she notices another thread on action being taken against the Society that she feels inclined to piss on.

Cedars

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I have not trusted Westpac Bank for many years, I will not bank with them ever infact I will never walk into one of their branches ever, again I conseider them as a bunch of (stucn) arsholes (sorry if any one here works for them it's not personal against you).

I was warned about paypal a few years back & I still use them if I have to, but where I can I use Paymate.

Most likely WT has shares in ebay/paypal & putting pressure on them, just my guess.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Thank you Scenic Viewer! & Sizemilk

Welcome To PayPal Sucks!

Welcome to the world's largest eBay and PayPal consumer gripe site network! Have you been burned by PayPal or eBay? Join the club! No, we are not here to just sit around and complain. You see, individually, your voice gets easily lost in the crowd, or just ignored. But, together, WE CAN MAKE A HUGE NOISE. Join our fight to expose the truth about PayPal and Ebay to the world. Unite with us as we build the largest united front against this evil empire. We WILL FORCE PAYPAL AND EBAY TO HEAR US. By joining us, you are making our voice that much louder. However, We need your help. Follow the important steps below to makeOUR VOICE LOUDER.

Step 1. SUBMIT YOUR COMPLAINT and have it posted for all to see in the PayPal Complaint box, right on the homepage.

Step 2. Join our FaceBook Fan Club and Unite with us as we use the POWER of SOCIAL MEDIA to EXPOSE the Dark Side of PayPal and eBay.

Step 3. If you need assistance solving your PayPal or eBay NightMare, visit ourNew Forums, where you will find plenty of people who got just as screwed, if not worse.

Step 4. If you are a seller looking for a better, more secure and over-all less expensive method of accepting payment for your products and services, both on and off ebay, we invite you to check out THIS SPECIAL OFFER.

Step 5. Help spread the word about this website and our fight to even the playing field against PayPal and Ebay by LINKING TO US.

Step 6. Sign up for our MONTHLY NEWSLETTER and we will give you a 100% free ebook that will show you everything you didnt realize about eBay and PayPal, including ways to avoid having your paypal account limited, getting paypal to release your funds, Getting back on eBay and much more!

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means youwaive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account. Is this legal? We don't know. But it's how Paypal operates. See my credit card waiver page for more information.

2. Their customer service is horrible. They used to hide their telephone number, (intentionally - by their own admission) and only provided support via "form" emails:

"As for the customer service, Sollitto said they intentionally make the phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs."

This is confirmed in the book "PayPal Wars". If you have a problem, you are at their mercy! (And you will eventually have a problem.) The only reason their number can be found now is because they were forced to by law (EFTA Electronic Funds Transaction Act) due to complaints from users of this website. You can also click on our FAQs page. Just scroll down a bit, and you'll find their phone numbers, plus their toll free numbers as well, plus a huge list of unpublished PayPal phone numbers.

3. Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and some key "conditions" are not disclosed. They fail to mention their total lack of security to prevent your account from being compromised by phishing & spoof sites. That if your account is accessed by a criminal using one of these methods, PayPal will hold YOU monetarily & legally responsible! Also, no place do they openly tell potential members that their money is 100% at risk. That PayPal can, will, and has in the past, completely cleaned out customers' accounts, (including your checking or savings account) with no appeals process available. Instead they bury in the fine print of 37 pages of their "Terms of Service" (ToS) where they disclose to you that PayPal can close your account for any reason what-so-ever, or no reason, and then you have to wait 180 days to get your money. Think that'll never happen? Think again. That's what everyone thinks till it happens to them.

4. If PayPal feels your actions are questionable, PayPal is the investigator, judge, jury and executioner. "Telling your side" of what happened, in most cases seems to be irrelevant. They also refuse to provide you with the details of their investigation and withhold documents they relied upon to make their decisions. Your only contact will be an email that says:

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in respondingto your service request.

After review, the decision has been made to keep your account locked. This decision cannot be appealed.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.
    That will be the end of it as far as PayPal is concerned. You can email back, but you'll just get more of the same. Oh yea, and you'll have to wait 180 days to get your money.

5. If you are a bona fide, up-standing individual with hundreds of successful transactions, but someone pays you with a stolen credit card, your account (by PayPal's own admission) is immediately flagged as being "criminal behavior" and any money in that account is confiscated. If a customer "disputes" the charge, same thing happens. (See email above.) PayPal claims that they will fight chargebacks, but read this before you fall for that one.

6. Paypal's fees for NON-credit card funding are the same as for credit cards! This is the single biggest rippoff on their site. We understand Paypal charging a fee when you fund your account with a credit card. After all, they are being charged by Visa/Mastercard, etc. And we understand there is a lot of fraud with credit card funding. However, most of the money sent within the Paypal system no longer comes from credit card funding. However, money spent from PayPal account to PayPal account is subject to the exact same fees credit card purchases are! This money has been in the system for years and is "clean." That is, there are no fees at all to Paypal, and there is almost no fraud at all with this money, but Paypal charges the SAME fees to transactions with NON-credit card funds! Thus every transaction makes PayPal money, but it's nothing more than an entry in a computer database on their system. No money has actually moved, and there are no costs to Paypal. They are just skimming the gravy.

PAYBACK'S A BITCH

While I'm sure it was the not the intention of the author, the book"PayPal Wars" confirms many of the statements made by users and former employees of PayPal.

I'm sure you've seen the posts across the net for a new "company" called "greenzap.com." You might want to read my threadGreenZap.com is probably a scam before you give away your money and personal information.

User does a great job documenting PayPal's violations of the class action lawsuit settlement agreement. Read the whole thread, especially his response to PayPal's response to the AG's letter.

The difference between Microsoft and PayPal.

Man sues PayPal in small claims court and wins!

I've added some new "NoPayPal banners/logos to comply with the Ebay "88x33 rule."

WARNING #1:PayPal removes critical seller protection feature starting February.

WARNING #2: Watch your PayPal accounts for unknown items and charges. We have three threads that seem to indicate database mixups since The Great Paypal Outage of 2004. This one, where PayPal submits multiple debits or charges to your debit or charge card until the wipe out the bank account or charge limit, Here's one for an unrecognized item, and here's one of debiting someone elses bank account.

Added: Spyware Page. Learn how to protect yourself from spyware, phishing, etc.

Recent News:

New UK only forum for those on the other side of the pond with PayPal problems.

Of course just as soon as we all understand spoof sites and phishing emails, along comes a real email from PayPal that confuses the heck out of everyone.

PayPalSucks.com Logo Stuff is now available.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Becuase 2 accounts were closed at 2 different bank accounts - there seems to be a single actor behind this..... Who would have an ax to grind with Steve Unthank?

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's frigging amazing that paypal can do this based on nothing! How can companies do things like this in this day and age?

• cedars
    cedars

Shamus100: Ironic that my comments are "leaps of faith", whereas the wild and derisory speculation of soft+gentle is wholly acceptable.

Cedars,
    From what I've seen of you I can make some fairly rash decisions myself. You've made a lot of leaps of faith with your comments and, truth be known, I don't give a fuck what you think.

From what I've seen of your little performance on this thread, the sentiment is more than mutual. Do I get a monkey slap for that? Or whatever the hell it is you're known for on here?

Cedars

• mind blown
    mind blown

s+g it's obvious you make claims on things you know nothing about and your manner is offensive. Now let me be offensive. Listen whinny troll....soliciting for donations is serious? Why don't you tell the WTS that along with their misleading people with their lies.

The police needed further investegation in order to move the case ahead. That's what this next hearing is all about....

• sizemik
    sizemik

Is the misspelling in this thread title a Freudian slip or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit