Thank you Scenic Viewer! & Sizemilk
Welcome To PayPal Sucks!
Welcome to the world's largest eBay and PayPal consumer gripe site network! Have you been burned by PayPal or eBay? Join the club! No, we are not here to just sit around and complain. You see, individually, your voice gets easily lost in the crowd, or just ignored. But, together, WE CAN MAKE A HUGE NOISE. Join our fight to expose the truth about PayPal and Ebay to the world. Unite with us as we build the largest united front against this evil empire. We WILL FORCE PAYPAL AND EBAY TO HEAR US. By joining us, you are making our voice that much louder. However, We need your help. Follow the important steps below to makeOUR VOICE LOUDER.
Step 1. SUBMIT YOUR COMPLAINT and have it posted for all to see in the PayPal Complaint box, right on the homepage.
Step 2. Join our FaceBook Fan Club and Unite with us as we use the POWER of SOCIAL MEDIA to EXPOSE the Dark Side of PayPal and eBay.
Step 3. If you need assistance solving your PayPal or eBay NightMare, visit ourNew Forums, where you will find plenty of people who got just as screwed, if not worse.
Step 4. If you are a seller looking for a better, more secure and over-all less expensive method of accepting payment for your products and services, both on and off ebay, we invite you to check out THIS SPECIAL OFFER.
Step 5. Help spread the word about this website and our fight to even the playing field against PayPal and Ebay by LINKING TO US.
Step 6. Sign up for our MONTHLY NEWSLETTER and we will give you a 100% free ebook that will show you everything you didnt realize about eBay and PayPal, including ways to avoid having your paypal account limited, getting paypal to release your funds, Getting back on eBay and much more!
1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means youwaive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account. Is this legal? We don't know. But it's how Paypal operates. See my credit card waiver page for more information.
2. Their customer service is horrible. They used to hide their telephone number, (intentionally - by their own admission) and only provided support via "form" emails:
"As for the customer service, Sollitto said they intentionally make the phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs."
This is confirmed in the book "PayPal Wars"
. If you have a problem, you are at their mercy! (And you will eventually have a problem.) The only reason their number can be found now is because they were forced to by law (EFTA Electronic Funds Transaction Act) due to complaints from users of this website.
You can also click on our FAQs page
. Just scroll down a bit, and you'll find their phone numbers, plus their toll free numbers as well, plus a huge list of unpublished PayPal phone numbers.
3. Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and some key "conditions" are not disclosed. They fail to mention their total lack of security to prevent your account from being compromised by phishing & spoof sites
. That if your account is accessed by a criminal using one of these methods, PayPal will hold YOU
monetarily & legally responsible! Also, no place do they openly
tell potential members that their money is 100% at risk. That PayPal can, will, and has in the past, completely cleaned out customers' accounts, (including your checking or savings account) with no appeals process available. Instead they bury in the fine print of 37 pages of their "Terms of Service" (ToS) where they disclose to you that PayPal can close your account for any reason what-so-ever, or no reason, and then you have to wait 180 days to get your money. Think that'll never happen? Think again. That's what everyone thinks till it happens to them.
4. If PayPal feels your actions are questionable, PayPal is the investigator, judge, jury and executioner. "Telling your side" of what happened, in most cases seems to be irrelevant. They also refuse to provide you with the details of their investigation and withhold documents they relied upon to make their decisions. Your only contact will be an email that says:
Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in respondingto your service request.
After review, the decision has been made to keep your account locked. This decision cannot be appealed.
If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.
That will be the end of it as far as PayPal is concerned. You can email back, but you'll just get more of the same. Oh yea, and you'll have to wait 180 days to get your money.
5. If you are a bona fide, up-standing individual with hundreds of successful transactions, but someone pays you with a stolen credit card, your account (by PayPal's own admission) is immediately flagged as being "criminal behavior" and any money in that account is confiscated. If a customer "disputes" the charge, same thing happens. (See email above.) PayPal claims
that they will fight chargebacks, but read this
before you fall for that one.
6. Paypal's fees for NON-credit card funding are the same as for credit cards! This is the single biggest rippoff on their site. We understand Paypal charging a fee when you fund your account with a credit card. After all, they are being charged by Visa/Mastercard, etc. And we understand there is a lot of fraud with credit card funding. However, most of the money sent within the Paypal system no longer comes from credit card funding. However, money spent from PayPal account to PayPal account is subject to the exact same fees credit card purchases are! This money has been in the system for years and is "clean." That is, there are no fees at all to Paypal, and there is almost no fraud at all with this money, but Paypal charges the SAME fees to transactions with NON-credit card funds! Thus every transaction makes PayPal money, but it's nothing more than an entry in a computer database on their system. No money has actually moved, and there are no costs to Paypal. They are just skimming the gravy. PAYBACK'S A BITCH
While I'm sure it was the not the intention of the author, the book"PayPal Wars" confirms many of the statements made by users and former employees of PayPal.
I'm sure you've seen the posts across the net for a new "company" called "greenzap.com." You might want to read my threadGreenZap.com is probably a scam before you give away your money and personal information.
User does a great job documenting PayPal's violations of the class action lawsuit settlement agreement. Read the whole thread, especially his response to PayPal's response to the AG's letter.
The difference between Microsoft and PayPal.
Man sues PayPal in small claims court and wins!
I've added some new "NoPayPal banners/logos to comply with the Ebay "88x33 rule."
WARNING #1:PayPal removes critical seller protection feature starting February.
WARNING #2: Watch your PayPal accounts for unknown items and charges. We have three threads that seem to indicate database mixups since The Great Paypal Outage of 2004. This one, where PayPal submits multiple debits or charges to your debit or charge card until the wipe out the bank account or charge limit, Here's one for an unrecognized item, and here's one of debiting someone elses bank account.
Added: Spyware Page. Learn how to protect yourself from spyware, phishing, etc.
New UK only forum for those on the other side of the pond with PayPal problems.
Of course just as soon as we all understand spoof sites and phishing emails, along comes a real email from PayPal that confuses the heck out of everyone.
PayPalSucks.com Logo Stuff is now available.