WTF? Steven Untank's money accounts suddenly closed!!

by mind blown 134 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

Tooth N Nail......

Here's other speculative reasons from Paypals Restricted Activities page:

R. Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our Internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers;

Also, if you use your business account for personal reasons or vis versa there will be an issue.

@ shepard Yes, I'm sure a major corporation (wts) making alligations of fruad could prompt a freez. However, in the end they did release Steven Unthank's bank funds.

• mind blown
    mind blown

@shepard ......or being "simply being accused" of fraud until an investigation is completed.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and of course I cannot prove this, BUT if I did want someones account shut down. I would have many people make donations to his account, possibly hundreds of seperate

instances with the intention to turns around and have them ALL reversed.

I would think that having dozens, hundreds possibly accounts complain and request a refund would set off a "flag" in their system to make it look like Steven Untank was doing something bogus.

Just a thought

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I didn't mention anyone by name, did I? On purpose.
    I can't see how we can assume the Watchtower had anything whatsoever to do with this. It borders on paranoia.
    We don't have all the facts.

Terry is making obvious good sense here... indeed, we don't have all the facts. Hardly ANY of the facts - in fact.

• sizemik
    sizemik

james . . . if we had any of the facts we wouldn't be able to speculate wildly . . . where's the fun in that?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The 7th page and still no new info. Something is amiss.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Any further developments about this?

Bangalore

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hello Banga, just in time for the recent update from Steven Unthank's site below:

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The decision to freeze and shut down my account was not computer generated. It appears that it was manual (i.e. human) override and the originating decision came from the USA not Australia. (I only have one account, an Australian PayPal account.) It seems that this may already be causing problems to PayPal as their computer fraud program is now trying to patch what appears to now be unauthorised activity on my account caused by, what may actually be, the manual override by a PayPal employee. This anomaly is now spreading to other accounts, like an introduced virus. The PayPal computer fraud program is now trying to stop it by shutting down any accounts that might be linked or networked. A computer program cannot recognise stand-alone fraud, i.e. there can be no fraud unless the account has carried on activity, therefore the program will view that the problem lies with other accounts as well. A situation arises in that all PayPal accounts are fundamentally linked. [Note: the program that PayPal uses is to detect primarily "fraud" and therefore is programmed to treat "suspicious activity" as potential fraud. Access to an account by someone other than the account holder is treated as "suspicious activity" even if that access was by a PayPal employee.]

What does this mean and what is the net result? The balance on my PayPal account has grown by over 50% in the past few days as the PayPal computer fraud system tries to unravel the interference (“suspicious activity”). The money must come from somewhere and those account holders will lodge a complaint. All deposits have with them a note that the deposit was authorised by PayPal, not by any account holder, and that the money came from a third-party account. Therefore it is not a ‘deposit’ into my account but a ‘transfer’. It is also possible that their accounts might be “limited” and then subsequently “frozen”. And so it spreads. I doubt it will get far.

• just Ron
    just Ron

Just my thoughts this may have lead to his account at the bank being frozen.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

This is all probably some giant cluster fuck - like Rick Fearon trying to deposit a massive amount of his tele-call slush fund into Steven's account. Before we know it Rick will be claiming his account is locked too... oh wait... there we go, he already did (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/221561/1/Six-Screens-next-on-Pay-Pals-hit-list). So can we all blame this on Rick and move on?

MeanMrMustard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit