Another day, another apostate. Here's my story.

by I Want to Believe 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joliette
    Joliette

Welcome I want to believe, glad to meet you. I too, grew up living a sheltered life. Glad to share in your experience.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome from the other side of the world, Australia

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but the freedom to think for yourself, and to BE yourself, is well worth it.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Hi I Want to Believe - Welcome. If you haven't already, go to youtube and type "Pascal's wager" in the search box and watch the various videos that pop up.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome! We look forward to hearing more

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I can relate to a lot of your story. It's almost like finding a "pull" on a knit sweater that you keep tugging on--- until you end up naked with a heap of string at your feet!

I've had extremely limited conversations with my wife. The furthest I've got with her is when she told me she's not ready to give it all up yet. I consider that promising. Maybe I'm deluding myself.

BTW --- what the heck is going on out there? There's been a half dozen or so newbies in the past 24 hrs!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome... I know where you are... except I was out for 23 years.. still believing the BS... just never looked into it till now.. I cant put it down... it's like Im an uber anti JW.. I just want to forget it all

Good luck tater

• TOTH
    TOTH

Welcome to the group! I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

• Ding
    Ding

I Want to Believe,

I've sent you a PM.

If clicking on the little envelope in the upper right corner produces an error message, just click on it again.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Have you read either of Steve Hassan's books? His first book was a huge help to me.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Welcome I Want To Believe!...great first post.

I really liked your use of Pascal's Wager...I am of a similar mind and can really relate to how you feel. I was also a born-in and struggled with it for the first 40 years of my life. What really turned the corner for me was reading Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. I don't know if you have read it, but I might suggest you do. The first 100 pages are a bit dry, but then it turns on the after burners and you won't be able to put it down. If your wife is open to reading, suggest it to her and let her make her own decisions about what it says. Good luck with your journey (and hers)!

TYA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit